Hello all,

I purchased a FX6 off eBay, long story short. The filter was very loud and kept turning off and on every 2 minutes, I got a full refund and got to keep the filter. I spoke to Fluval and they recommended replacing the motor.

Has anyone experienced the same problem or know a place in Australia that sells a new motor for a good price?

Thank you

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have no idea what's in one of them filters but if it's on and off sounds like a thermal switch. I'd check and make sure it's pumping ok, ie no blockage or restrictions and impella is free. See if the motor smells burnt with it unplugged of course.

WOW

That's alot better response than i've had dealing with issues with my fx6's, when you deal with the australian wholesaler pet pacific it fast becomes a joke when trying too have something that is totally under warranty fixed within a reasonable time frame.

Usually have too wait for a 'rep' too make a time too meet at the shop its bought from (could be waiting a good 2 weeks) , take the part or filter etc into the shop too have the rep view the issue, than wait for the part too be sent too the shop in which you then have too bloody well go and collect and fit it when you get home.

Sounds like ebay buying fluval is a good option, are we allowed too ask which supplier from ebay you dealt with in regards too this fx6 ?

Not much other than the fx6 motor itself or any dodgey seals that can let a fluval filter down, the 'smart pump' isn't all that smart and i've had my fair share of issues.

Contacting fluval directly seems too get better results rather than trying too deal with the australian wholesaler,

If it's lots of noise pull the motor off check the impeller shaft sometimes the magnets crack throwing them off balance. Being a magnetic drive not much can go wrong,

I had both my FX6 shut down on me the other day full of sand so they auto shut off, wouldn't re start until after I pulled the motors off each one and cleaned the housings now back to working silent,