Hello all,

I have. 4ft 125 gal tank.

I'm having an issue were my water after 4,5 days after a WC goes a yellow brownie colour. I have just put a brand new eheim 2075 on the tank and currently seeding it for about 4 days from a Aqua nova cf-1200.

Tank has a fully grown Oscar, 3 silver dollars, nimbochromis venustus, 3 peacocks, adult synodontis, adult loach, 2 bristlenose, black convict. Pretty heavily stocked but I figured my filters could handle it.

So my question is could it be just my eheim doesn't have enough bacteria to handle the bioload yet and my other filter is struggling a bit to handle it all.

Or

I'm too overstocked and should remove some fish?

My parameters are good,

Ph: 7.0

Ammonia: 0

Nitrite: 0

Nitrate: 5ppm

Kh: 5

Any info would be helpful thank you, I also have a small piece of golden vine but I have had that in there for 4 months and it never stained the water previously.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If you have a spare internal filter. Otto or similar whack it in. I have had the same problem before, I put a 2000 LPH internal filter in my tank and it cleared it right up. Just make sure to clean the sponges regularly.

Sent from my D6653 using Tapatalk

Macro pure and purigen, are similar products both resins, but macro pure is cheaper and made made in Aus I think. Deffs cheaper, also avalibel from sponsors both techden and Aoa, I know stock it and they give a 10% discount to members, you also need a special media bag for it tho

Macro pure and purigen, are similar products both resins, but macro pure is cheaper and made made in Aus I think. Deffs cheaper, also avalibel from sponsors both techden and Aoa, I know stock it and they give a 10% discount to members, you also need a special media bag for it tho

Nice nice I will give this a try then thank you

Just because I like posting photos of my tank

Before macropore

[ATTACH=CONFIG]67649[/ATTACH]

One night after adding it to filter

[ATTACH=CONFIG]67647[/ATTACH]

Note the staining was from IAL and mulberry leaves

Your before shot is exactly what my tank goes like after 4 5 days, as soon as I do a 10 20% water change it goes crystal clear like your after shot.

It never used to happen to me, only once I've added more fish.