WhoWeR

Mystery snail eggs

Is there a way to move these eggs safely? Some have just appeared on the top of my display tank but I don't really want heaps of snails running around in there.

How can I remove them and what to do then? I would like to keep the eggs and watch them hatch. The kids would love it more, my son favorites are the snails.

Thanks

Carl & Jenny

i just found a heap or ramshorn snail eggs in my tank. i left a few in there to see if the fish eat them at that size and scrapped out a few just using my finger. there seems to be a few crawling around in the container i put them in. i have no idea if u can do that with mystery snail eggs though as i have never seen them. maybe see if u can find something u can slide between them and the glass that will also catch them. maybe a thin, flexible piece of plastic etc.

not sure if it will work but it's a thought anyhow. :D

Yes you can move the eggs. Use a sharp blade to remove them from the side of the tank and place them on a bit of foam. You can float that in any tank you like now but you must keep it humid in the tank as they have to stay moist without beeing under water. Hope this helps :) also for other batches you can leve them in the tank they should not over run your tank. Mine have never grown up in my display tank as the cichlids love to eat them lol

Here found some infor on moving them and how to keep them

It's no problem to transfer the egg clutch to another location, as long as you are careful not cause too much damage. A damages clutch is more prone to infections and evaporation. The best way to move the eggs is by wetting the clutch, wait a few hours and then carefully move the clutch over the surface until it comes off. Obviously this method is of most successful on glass or other smooth surfaces.

It's important to keep the eggs in a moist, but not wet environment. Never keep these eggs under water (this will drown the embryos)! Keep the temperature between 18 and 28°C (65-82°F). The higher the temperature, the faster the snails will hatch.

Here is the site I got the info from

http://www.applesnail.net/