SPA50

Eheim 2215 + Hailea 150a questions

Hey everyone,

I'm looking to chill my 3ft shallow tank of 100L.

I am filtering it with an Eheim 2215 w/2217 impeller. Great flow. Using a lily pipe set up.

Looking into a Hailea 150a chiller. Great reviews and good price.

The chiller will no doubt be outside the cabinet, I've heard it's not good to be inside the cabinet.

I've drawn up this extremely artistic diagram to give you an idea of where it will be in the room and know if the flow will be reduced to the point of not being enough.

Two questions.

1. Will this be enough flow?

2. Is it ok to use a canister filter as the pump? (with media, Blue standard sponges, a big bag of eheim substrate pro and 1 litre of marine pure balls)

T - Tank

C - Chiller

Next to the chiller is a computer which is rarely used and sits under the desk right beside the chiller.

post-12412-14711634236338_thumb.jpg

i'm using a chiller hooked on my canister with no issue. Only problem i encounter is on maintenance. If you can hook it up with extra shutoff valves that will make life easier for you - you can run the filter while servicing your chiller and vice versa.

Canister filter as pump is fine. Just make sure the chiller is connected 'after' the filter so the filter takes out all the crap and does not clog up your chiller. i.e. outlet of filter goes to inlet of chiller and outlet of chiller goes to tank. Hope this helps! :)