mbunamad

Thoughts for Tuesday 15-09-2015 Should the Auction board be utilized again?

I think it would be interesting. Kinda like EBay. But since i love EBay, I might be slightly biased.

But it does need both buyers and sellers to be enthusiastic about it. If only sellers, or only sellers, then any enthusiasm peters out swiftly.

So if there is a lot of interest from both parties - then it can certainly be successful.

The only way an auction will be successful is if the seller is willing to sell at a price below what he/she or other breeders would normally sell for. Why would a buyer bid above a price they could buy for elsewhere especially when the actual fish hasn't been seen yet. Online auctions dont have the convenience a real life auction has.

Or if the auction contains fish/items that aren't available elsewhere.

Suggest organizers seek sellers willing to donate fish and run a reverse auction instead.

Great idea Winston. The auction section died because of no buyers and the set format didn't work for everyone. If we were allowed to our own time frame on it could be a little successful. If people started doing random one day auctions it could bring traffic to the site as people would look here to see if there is an auction that day.

But sellers do have to be willing to go lower than normal on price, I have done it before when we used to be able to set our times for auctions just cause I was feeling generous that particular day.

Viva la revolution.

Cheers mick