plecosam

G & J Maher 7 x 2 x 2 centre weir aquarium

Hey people, I am in the process of getting a G & J Maher 7 x 2 x 2, with a centre weir and sump setup, this will be a freshwater cichlid tank with a freshwater sump. Does anyone know how Gary does his sumps, how they are setup, and how do you rate them. Are lids necessary on a sump, my current sump has lids, not sure how important they are except for evaporation.

Thanks, pricing was not too bad, considering it will need to come from brissie, I have a Clownsville made 6 x 2H x 18"W tank but am really not happy with it, poor glass, poor workmanship, not too fussed on the cabinets up here either, they are finished poorly.

I only have 3 tanks but they are all gary maher tanks, the new ones are alot nicer than the old ones, they are certainly not cheap but the quality is there.

None of mine are sumped, so cant comment on the sump side of things.

Gary now does a 6mm set of sliding lids incase you plan on keeping any fish down the track that might jump, the old style 2-3mm lids are far too easy to move so i would advise having the 6mm lids option.

My next tank im going to be having the base of the tank vinyl wrapped as well as the back, too save time & effort with having substrate -- this is only personal preference.