TheAquaHolic001

Camphor laurel as driftwood?

I would say not it's not safe. It naturally contains toxins and chemicals and the effects of those on wildlife still isn't 100% agreed upon.

"Camphor laurel Cinnamomum camphora contains significant amounts of various chemicals known or suspected of being toxic and/or carcinogenic. There is variation between trees in the presence and relative abundance of particular chemicals, allowing recognition of a number of forms, chemotypes, characterised by their chemical composition. The two main chemotypes present in Australia are the 'camphor' and 'cineole' types; the 'camphor' type is considered to be the dominant chemotype in the Northern Rivers region of NSW." Camphor laurel (Cinnamomum camphora) most toxic chemotypes - rejection of key threatening process listing | NSW Environment & Heritage

Disclaimer: I am an aquarium/fish noob, so take that as you will :)

Yeah mate, trust me, unless you want a tank full of dead fish, don't do it. This stuff is so toxic its not funny. There are many timbers that are toxic to life, but Camphor is by far the worst thing you could use in the tank. I know northern NSW is infested with the stuff, but if you want a nice safe wood to use, either go buy some from an LFS or find yourself some Mellaluca root.