<<sammy>>

Question about wholesalers

Hey guys,

Just wondering if wholesalers buy from small local breeders? I have more neon/electric blue acaras than I can poke a stick at right now I was keen to offload them and would like to know for any other fish I'll want to move on in the future. I've tried google and can't seem to find any info or any wholesalers I can ask the question.

Any help much appreciated :)

Hey guys' date='

Just wondering if wholesalers buy from small local breeders? I have more neon/electric blue acaras than I can poke a stick at right now I was keen to offload them and would like to know for any other fish I'll want to move on in the future. I've tried google and can't seem to find any info or any wholesalers I can ask the question.

Any help much appreciated :)[/quote']

If you want to sell to wholesalers be prepared to half your usual prices otherwise they won't take. They do need to run a whole store with electricity

[MENTION=16220]TheAquaHolic001[/MENTION] I'm keen to know which wholesaler it was?

So I could sell a few of my Bristlenose. However I think that you're right to be hesitant when they marked them up so steeply.

I understand retail and Mark ups, however $18 for that size is huge.

And I laughed when I saw 5cm bristlenose for $8.95 at a north side aquarium. In the scheme of things they were offering a bargain, though I didn't think so at the time. :)

[MENTION=16220]TheAquaHolic001[/MENTION] I'm keen to know which wholesaler it was?

So I could sell a few of my Bristlenose. However I think that you're right to be hesitant when they marked them up so steeply.

I understand retail and Mark ups, however $18 for that size is huge.

And I laughed when I saw 5cm bristlenose for $8.95 at a north side aquarium. In the scheme of things they were offering a bargain, though I didn't think so at the time. :)

It was Best Friends, but it was during winter so I think they could get away with such high prices as everybody is looking for BN during winter. At the time I was only selling bigger bristles (6-8cm) as many people were searching for them.

They had none left and I offered them 15 commons at 3.5cm for $50. They took it. Went to the shop the next day and saw 3 left and noticed a price tag of $18. They asked if I would continue selling them and I said only if they were $5 each but they rejected

That is not a wholesaler you are selling to it is a retail shop.

If you want to get rid of fish you have four choices: sell privately, sell to retail shops at a lesser price, sell to wholesaler at an even lower price or keep them.

[MENTION=4665]<<sammy>>[/MENTION] You could also contact Aquarium Industries in Melbourne but that would involve shipping.

Have you tried selling to lfs?

That is not a wholesaler you are selling to it is a retail shop.

If you want to get rid of fish you have four choices: sell privately, sell to retail shops at a lesser price, sell to wholesaler at an even lower price or keep them.

[MENTION=4665]<<sammy>>[/MENTION] You could also contact Aquarium Industries in Melbourne but that would involve shipping.

Have you tried selling to lfs?

Quite often the wholesaler will actually pay as much as double what some shops pay - especially if you have quantity and it is something less common .

Some shops are very stingy - give you $1 per fish and sell for $17.99 ( it has happened to me ) - and usually they are the most expensive to buy from .

Yeah i have contacted a few lfs and none were interested I might contact some further away and do a road trip if they would like them. I put ads up yesterday for $5 each and seem to be getting a fair bit of interest, someone is supposed to pick up 20 tommorow so that is a big chunk of what's left of this batch gone hopefully. Still have 2 more young batches growing up..I'm keeping the parents separate for a while lol