kehw

DIY Co2

I have done it before and it was a good intro to c02 but a bit of hassle mixing and taking it off at night and back on in the morning, i remember I used yeast and sugar but not sure on quantities or if I added anything else I just a recipe of the net.

I now run soda stream c02 with regulator and solenoid on the same timer as the light and will never look back.

Cheers mick

I have done it before and it was a good intro to c02 but a bit of hassle mixing and taking it off at night and back on in the morning, i remember I used yeast and sugar but not sure on quantities or if I added anything else I just a recipe of the net.

I now run soda stream c02 with regulator and solenoid on the same timer as the light and will never look back.

Cheers mick

How much was that set up?

Soda stream bottles are $50 but exchange is only $17 at kmart. I got the solenoid, regulator and adapter from someone on here for $50 for the lot. So saved a bit but then I bought three different bubble counter and diffuser combos until I found the one I'm using now around $100 for all and probably another $50 for c02 line and anti backflow valves.

I was aloud to go a bit silly with this setup and spent over $650 on a 2ft tank, still thinking of buying another light lol.

I like the convenience of not touching it.

Cheers mick

Not sure on how long a bottle lasts yet, i wasted alot of the first one changing things and dialling it in.

I run 2bps 12 hours a day so far this bottle has been for a week and still has plenty of pressure on the gauge.

Cheers mick