Kitah

New Era fish food question

Hey guys, I'm just considering buying a 1.8kg tub of New Era, but just wanting a bit of input from people who have used it if possible.

Has anyone had any palatability issues with their fish, particularly feeding the Central/South American pellets? The reason I ask is I tried the NLS thera A jumbo pellets with my Americans and they wouldn't touch it at all so that was wasted. I know there is never any guarantee, just curious how most fish find it thats all

Also, if anyone has the 4mm or 6mm American Cichlid pellets, are you able to tell me roughly how long the cylinder shaped pellets are? just trying to figure out which size I need to get thats all. I have some fully grown Americans (Oscars, Bocourti, Rivulatus), and some smaller guys e.g. Blue Eyed Cichlid, Electric Blue Acaras.

Edited by Kitah

I've used it before and the fish (SA cichlids) ate it straight away. I found the pellets enormous, I'm thinking the 6mm is the diameter and not the length of the pellet if that makes sense ( they were more like 9-12mm length ).

The pellets are very soft and fish of all sizes are able to eat/pick at them. Because of this, I was able to snap the pellets in half easily ( ended up snapping the whole lot in half ).

I had no problems with them fouling the water or unsightly poop.

As far as ingredients and nutrition analysis, I'm not sold. If you can wait it out, I'd stick with NLS for sure. It can be a pain to get fish to eat it and I find a smaller than usual pellet is usually better due to them being so hard. It has taken me several weeks at times to get fish onto it, but they all do eventually.

Edited by lgw

I think new era has been discontinued and taken over by anther company, not sure who tho. That's what AOA told me. I use the catfish pellets and every thing in my tanks eat it, from bn and l numbers, corys, rainbows, swordtails, Central Americans, loaches, pretty much every thing I have fed it to has eaten it, I haven't tried there CA pellets.

I wish Ocean Nutrition cichlid omni pellets came in a large size- the medium is ok for my smaller cichlids, but my big oscars, rivulatus and bocourti just ignore smaller pellets (<4mm usually). I'm thinking I will see if I can get a larger floating pellet (5-8mm in size) and a smaller, sinking pellet (3-5mm in size) for the others.

I tried for ages to get them onto the thera A, including fasting them/refusing to offer anything else- even when they were begging for food, they'd grab the thera A, then immediately spit it out. After trying for ages with teh 600g container I just gave up. Never had them refuse any other food so I thought it was a bit weird.

Thoughts on Sera granular food sticks, for large fish?

Edited by Kitah

Not sure if its been taken over but pretty sure its being rebranded or something

I guess I will soon find out if I should be showing this but this is an email that I received in regards to this, Techileaks - hope I do not have to find an embassy now...lol

Did You Know?

New Era Aquaculture foods are used by more than 160 of the most prominent Public Aquariums Worldwide? Including Sea Life Centres in Australia!

New Era's approach was to design and formulate diets that are highly digestible, bio-available and produce minimum waste, resulting in less pressure on filtration systems. This has been achieved, Firstly, by using a team of scientists of world repute to work on formulations. Secondly, by sourcing the highest quality natural ingredients available, primarily human food grade, from around the world. And Thirdly, by developing unique low temperature, low pressure and low speed processing techniques to ensure all the vitamins and minerals are not destroyed unlike in conventional high temperature baking methods. And all of this in done in-house - from formulation to sourcing to manufacturing to distribution from Yorkshire, UK.

NEW!!

1mm pellets in a convenient 60g tub! Ideal for those nano tanks.

Now available in:

- Marine

- Aegis (immune stimulant)

- Tropical

- Goldfish

NEW ERA AQUACULTURE RE-BORN

AS WORLD FEEDS

UK based fish foods company New Era Aquaculture Ltd, is now trading as, World Feeds Ltd, as a result of a merger backed by sizeable financial investment which will facilitate a major expansion plan for the re-born operation.

All existing staff have been retained by World Feeds and the products have been re-branded as Vitalis Aquatic Nutrition.

Unfortunately New Era had been burdened with the cost of trademark litigation in the US, which led to the merger with World Feeds, the new company supported by investment from Finance Yorkshire. The whole management team remains in place and additional production and warehousing facilities have been created adjacent to the existing facility, which will provide the space necessary for the planned expansion in manufacturing capability and capacity.

• What does this mean for you?

Absolutely NO CHANGE to your supply of New Era foods. We expect the name change in branding to Vitalis Aquatic Nutrition to happen in early 2016. Addicted2Fish will continue to support you with merchandising material to assist you and your customers during this transition.

• Has the product changed?

Not at all. The high-quality 'human grade' ingredients and processing remain the same. In fact, New Era is almost ready to release their new Sea-Horse diet!!

Contrary to what you may have heard, New Era is here to stay, just with new labels that say "Vitalis Aquatic Nutrition"

Hey guys, I'm just considering buying a 1.8kg tub of New Era, but just wanting a bit of input from people who have used it if possible.

Has anyone had any palatability issues with their fish, particularly feeding the Central/South American pellets? The reason I ask is I tried the NLS thera A jumbo pellets with my Americans and they wouldn't touch it at all so that was wasted. I know there is never any guarantee, just curious how most fish find it thats all

Also, if anyone has the 4mm or 6mm American Cichlid pellets, are you able to tell me roughly how long the cylinder shaped pellets are? just trying to figure out which size I need to get thats all. I have some fully grown Americans (Oscars, Bocourti, Rivulatus), and some smaller guys e.g. Blue Eyed Cichlid, Electric Blue Acaras.

I have been using the New Era SA/CA soft pellets for over 2yrs now and have not found a fish that will not eat them, both South Americans and Central American, minimum pollution from excrement and no health problems. I also found if you get around 1/4 teaspoon of pellets and squash it together to form a thin disc and drop into your tank the advanced fry will pick at it to feed. All in all i am very happy with this product when used along with other foods both dry and frozen to give a balanced variety of diet