origin6

Stocking ideas

I have a 30 gallon tank with crushed coralsubstrate that's nearly done cycling that I'm thinking of putting a few shelldwellers in but I'm looking for some advise on if I can put anything else in there as well and if so what would be suitable the tanks is filterd well with a aquis 1250 series 2 if that helps

I have a 30 gallon tank with crushed coralsubstrate that's nearly done cycling that I'm thinking of putting a few shelldwellers in but I'm looking for some advise on if I can put anything else in there as well and if so what would be suitable the tanks is filterd well with a aquis 1250 series 2 if that helps

This is Stralia not the US of A we talk litres rather than gallons and also it is much better to give tank dimensions L? x W? x H?

[MENTION=5421]origin6[/MENTION]energex not being rude it just irritates me is all!

Being as we are talking lake tangs, yes. 30 Gallon is a nice amount of water, and it will depend on scape. Could potentially do a rock area and a shell area and do a rock dwelling species and a shelly.

Size, pictures of your scape will help give a better answer. Fish behaviour can be altered by the scape.

22a9970262fa78a2f3dbc32a231486d1.jpg

Current scape no thought behind it really it's just what I had laying around.

Yes there are feeders in there helping the cycle which is persistent

Sent from my D6653 using Tapatalk

You could get away with maybe 6 nigripinnis in there, start with small ones

Let me know if you are after some

I would replace withe ship. The hole is too big for my liking. I like tight holes for most rock dwelling tangs.

Nigripennis would like it but due to the dirk caves too hide in.

Two way to do shells. One is a large outcrop and perfect for multi and similes. Alternate is more spread out and more liked for other species. Even a highway pf shells works for the optional shell dwellers like causes and sumbu comps.

If you want something more rock dwelling them change it. Julie are underrated, and ornatus and transcripts stay small.

Thanks for the info I don't have my heart set on any fish yet as the tank is still showing 1ppm of nitrite but no ammonia and 20 odd nitrate so I have been waiting for that to settle down.

I have seen a few Shellies at pet city but I'm not sure what they are now they also have some nice black comps which I love the look of and a ornatus I think which I like also so I know that they are available but other than that I haven't seen any other tangs around can you guys recommend a species that are readily available and also how much are your nigripennis shon?

Sent from my D6653 using Tapatalk