mitch-91

after a l number pleco expert urgently

To ID a pleco it is best done with a reference like a good book. A lot of the L-Catfish lines in Australia are getting further and further away from what they once were and what it looks like does not necessarily mean what it is but the two often get confused as a lot of times "it looks like - so there fore that is what it is" is often applied and has blurred the lines. Although it is a very nice fish and well worth setting it aside to see how the line pattern continues it would be difficult to "ID" it as such and does have similarities to some L-Numbers. Unfortunately this is what we have to deal with but it does not take away from it being a very nice looking fish. To me a L129 looks a lot different. It is not unusual to get a fry that differs from a batch and it is not unusual for line patterns to change as they mature. Set it aside and give it some time. It is a hypan at the very least.

I am not a L-number expert, but what I can say is this.

http://www.qldaf.com/forums/all-things-catfish-37/tails-l333-l066-67742/

Useful post from an expert. I understand that L's are difficult to ID as the colours do change as they grow.

My understanding of the blurred lines is that breeders have perhaps not been careful enough and we have limited blood lines to being with. Hence we can get some funny things going on.