charity auction

From Account Description

To

Queensland Cichlid g 124-039 Bank of Queensland Limited 90109429

NONE electric blue

To Account Description

When

Tuesday 10 Nov 2015 at 9:52am Sydney/Melbourne time

Donation made. I did my high school work experience at Smith's Aquarium back in 2003. It was (and still is) about the best aquarium around for cichlids. That's why I travelled on the train from Redbank Station to Boondall station and walked there cause it was worth it. I had a great time during work experience there, from cleaning tanks and water changes to feeding the fish (especially the display tanks or the big Datnoid) and everything in between (even fetching steamed dim sims from the Chinese restaurant next door for Bill ha ha). I still have the 3 x copies of 'Cichlid News' that Bill gave me to show his appreciation for my help that week! Here's to a speedy recovery for a great bloke and a pillar within the aquarium hobby in QLD.

RECEIPT FOR FISH AUCTIONS WON BY AquaholicsOnline

Receipt

Receipt number

N111651846684

Amount

$11.50

From

Business Trans Acct

(removed)

charity auction

From Account Description

To

Queensland Cichlid g

Queensland Cichlid g

124-039 Bank of Queensland Limited 90109429

NONE Auratus Lomb

To Account Description

When

Monday 16 Nov 2015 at 8:33am Sydney/Melbourne time

that cake sounds good ,just don;t let Bill near it ,can't have him losing another limb ( I too am diabetic and know only to well the daily struggle against all things sugar)

good luck mate hope your healing well

scot

RECEIPT FOR AUCTION WON BY [MENTION=11836]Cam07[/MENTION]

Receipt

Receipt number

N112456259155

Amount

$5.00

From

Business Trans Acct

charity auction

From Account Description

To

Queensland Cichlid g

Queensland Cichlid g

124-039 Bank of Queensland Limited 90109429

none venustus auct

To Account Description

When

Tuesday 24 Nov 2015 at 11:39am Sydney/Melbourne time

We put through our funds tonight from the auction.... plus a bit....

I would like to remind members.... Bill is a legend and worth the effort. What he has done for us as a hobbyist matters, Thanks Bill.

agree 100% thats why i bid on fish from the evil lake, just for bill,

I would like everyone to know I will post the picture up ASAP. Technology is beating me at the moment.

Dave [MENTION=1584]Fish Junkie[/MENTION] asked me to present the check at the AGM. The final cheque was just over $1000. More than I thought and a great figure. This was possibly the highlight of the year from QLDAF and the hobby as a whole for me.

Thanks Dave for giving us the opportunity on the forum to help. Thanks Steve Brookes for suggesting the auction. Thanks to everyone who sold, bid or just donated.

Picture to follow!

I would like everyone to know I will post the picture up ASAP. Technology is beating me at the moment.

Dave [MENTION=1584]Fish Junkie[/MENTION] asked me to present the check at the AGM. The final cheque was just over $1000. More than I thought and a great figure. This was possibly the highlight of the year from QLDAF and the hobby as a whole for me.

Thanks Dave for giving us the opportunity on the forum to help. Thanks Steve Brookes for suggesting the auction. Thanks to everyone who sold, bid or just donated.

Picture to follow!

thanks [MENTION=231]gingerbeer[/MENTION]whospeltbothmynameswrong

just sorry i couldn't come last night due to a serious family illness,

but jules [MENTION=4961]Sparky[/MENTION] and myself were very happy to help out,

Wow I have been out of the hobby for a while stop by here occasionally and this was not what I expected to see. Bill has always helped me over the years (17 of them) from his great advice to his hilarious jokes! Here's to a speedy recovery mate.

Have to share one of my favourite visits to smiths when I was having trouble getting one of my colonies to breed Bill says with a very serious tone and a straight face. "Is there a TV in the room... If so go get your self some dirty movies dim the lights and the fish will learn" lol absolute champion.

Picture to follow!

Bump! Picture to follow?

I do not think Bill is someone that is on QLDAF - but check out his facebook page.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=1527065007586457&set=rpd.100008489172326&type=3&theater

Merry Christmas Everyone

As this is the time for goodwill I would like to thank everyone who has helped and supported me after my recent amputation.

First of all I would like thank my wife Suzy for being my rock during this time. Suzy not only looked after me but had to deal with running our new business and looking after her dad (who passed away recently)

Suzy my darling, I love you.

To my family John & Annie Smith Susan Johnston Christine Smith and Helen Smith who brought my nephews Liam, Patrick and Jacob in to see me as well. Thanks guys your visits kept me charged.

To all my fishy friends who visited me over a period of 8 weeks and helped at the shop, thanks to you all.

To everyone at QLDAF thanks for organising the benefit for me, the proceeds will go towards the purchase of a wheelchair and other mobility aids.

This experience has been very humbling and has reinforced my faith in human nature.

THANK YOU ALL Bill

12346350_1527065007586457_4473928708019985873_n.jpg?oh=3fc939a74c0a37fa406e00478a2e91f9&oe=57096496&__gda__=1460698141_49e33583bd698af71b5f065826227be0

i for one am happy to see bill is on the road to recovery,

and a big shout out to EVERYBODY who helped in any way,

we see so many fish keepers attacking other fish keepers we sometimes forget we all have something in common, FISH .

i'm just glad to see a smile on bill,

good luck mate,

The presentation of the QLD AF Cheque to Bill at the QLD Cichlid Group Meeting.[ATTACH=CONFIG]70519[/ATTACH]

It is so good to see this forum community helping out a fellow human being, well done QLDAF and i hope this year 2016 will be everything you Bill, and Sue can ever hope for. My best wishes to you both, sometimes life gives us challenges we cannot understand at the time, but somewhere in the future you will see the reasons why.

Kind regards Gary & Denise.