P4rker

Rate this fish

What species of fish is it?

Do you want a genuine critique of the fish?

I know absolutely nothing about African Rift Lake cichlids, so don't know if it's a good specimen or not. Which means I have NO qualifications to rate the fish. All I can go on is it's general appearance.

To me it doesn't look "right". It's eye looks to big for it's head and it's head looks to big in relation to the size of the fish. It's colour looks pretty washed out compared to most photos I've seen of Frontosa.

Either way I look at it, I wonder if it's a runt or if it's suffered from stunted growth.

Oops. Amazing how missing a single word can mess up a post.

Edited by pk333
I screwed up.

Ha which fish... not the one in the reflection ;). I meant the frontosa. Im fairly certain its a Burundi...

Thanks [MENTION=3878]pk333[/MENTION] thats what i was after, just another set of eyes to tell me what they think. I feel its face is slightly pink and the dorsal fin could be a bit larger. The fins have a slight yellow colouration in them which makes me think it could potentially be a kavala. Happy that the stripes are reasonably solid.

What species of fish is it?

Do you want a genuine critique of the fish?

I know absolutely nothing about African Rift Lake cichlids, so don't know if it's a good specimen or not. Which means I have qualifications to rate the fish. All I can go on is it's general appearance.

To me it doesn't look "right". It's eye looks to big for it's head and it's head looks to big in relation to the size of the fish. It's colour looks pretty washed out compared to most photos I've seen of Frontosa.

Either way I look at it, I wonder if it's a runt or if it's suffered from stunted growth.

:rofl:

in my opinion and i don't breed fronnies,

but looks like a burundi 6 bar female,

bars are clean and 99% straight, nice looking female,

i would give her 9.5 and if i was breeding them i can't see why she wouldn't be ok to use as a breeder,

but i'm more a malawi man,

in my opinion and i don't breed fronnies,

but looks like a burundi 6 bar female,

bars are clean and 99% straight, nice looking female,

i would give her 9.5 and if i was breeding them i can't see why she wouldn't be ok to use as a breeder,

but i'm more a malawi man,

Yeah looks like a nice healthy youngster.

Beautiful fish! How can you say Female front? Venting is the only way tell boy or girl, right? I am still learning a lot about fronts. Thanks

for me seeing as she is 1.5 years old i'm thinking if a male it should have a sign of a hump,

it just looks female, but yes its never 100% right by looking at a photo,