msdolphin

Gold Coast shops

its not really what it is more like who :lol::lol::lol: and brad aka moterman is just one of many :lol::lol: and this whole forum just dont worry about it you did nothing wrong in asking about shops but brads is a great shop so i have heard :lol::lol:

but at the end of the day this is a better forum then most of the others but i would say it is better then where ever you where cause i dont think we have the sam issues here :lol::lol:

mark

I replyed to your post in the other forum and well it went *POOFF* and I got a pm saying Aquariums Alive is not welcome in that forum. I was also sent a pm saying you know the gold coast shops very well and should not need to ask. So in answer to your question go to aquariums Alive Brad and his staff are great and will help you as best they can with anything you need. They are the best Aquarium shop around and i just wish there was another one like it on the northside for me lol

Well the massive one at nerang near KFC will never get my business again. Mod edit. As well as being fing expensive.

I have good feedback for Aquariums Alive and steve from Q centre. best prices i find around also.

Mod edit

I understand you have had a bad experience

Just make sure you know your prices on things before heading down, don't go in blindfolded and if your unsure double check.

Hi guys

Thanx for the kind words about me I hope you all mean it and not just sucking up cos im a mod :lol:

There are a few good shops around on the coast

Myself lol

Aquarium Petland are another one I reccomend

Depending on what fish your really chasing on the some of the others

Most are fairly good though

Brad

Id rate AA one of the best shops.

Also the shop at the brickworks in southport also has some different fish that u dont normaly see in fishshops for quite a good price (just as long as u dont want anything with a mouthful :( ).

The pet land in burliegh has some good marine but very expensive everything else.

Theres also neilsons marine mates up at cleveland. He has some good stuff.

Thats about it on the coast. Q store has some good stuff from time to time. Good staff 2.

Brad people don't suck up to mods. Whats the benifit to it?? You don't get banned in the future? I don't see any reason to suck up.The truth id your store is one of the better stores I've been to while living in Australia. I have been to quite a few, believe me I'm a fish addict. Clean store with well looked after fish and equipment. Great knowledge base and always willing to help in every way possible & very competive pricing. What else you could you want. I would not buy fish from just any store either I will visit a store on a few occasions before buying fish from them. Gotta get to know the store staff nothing worse then unknowledgable staff. There are some really good breeders on this forum check the breeders registry for breeders in your area. :lol:

Some aquarium stores are all about profit. They sell you something and that it. A good store should remember what fish you have and if something new is available they should let you know. Service in an aquarium shop and the service after the product is sold is also important. G&S aquarium is not a bad shop on the gold coast but depends what you are into . They mainly stock discus and marine. There also a little shop down in Tweed Heads Next to the fruit shop and across from a car dealer which isnt bad.

Hey Tabby,

i could mention a shop on here but that would be the last you see of me on this forum...

all shops have different reasons for existing, wheather, for the love of fish or the love of money.....having said that i dont think to many are in for the money....

most ppl have their fav shop wheather it be they get on well with the staff, quality of fish/stock, pricing, convience, or you want to suck up to the mods that happen to own a shop..... :lol:

shops have, either their own niche markets or a faithful following of loyal customers that keeps them going.

jsut my 2 bobs worth

cheers

in all honesty when buying anything fish related your is probable the shop i would go to first,

reason, convenience and its a good little shop with helpfull, friendly staff.

and thats not suckin...... just the way i see it.

cheers

ok heres my favorites.

#1 Aquariums Alive- great products, good prices, excellent advice from all the staff, good ethics, clean! my favorite shop on the goldy! and brads great for info :!::!:

#2 Q Aquarium- big shop, good range of africans, good prices, good advice (especially if your lucky enough to be served by me :lol: ) the only thing i dont like is the colour injected fish :x and the lack of good quality brands like ehiem and seachem. they mainly stock cheap chinese brands of pumps, heaters and filters.

#3 Aquarium Petland Southport- good range of fish especially africans, but like ash said if you go in to get some girls dont expect to get a fish with a mouthful.. other than that great shop definately worth a look! i havent had a look around to compare prices but the tank packages seemed pretty cheap..

#4 Living Hobbies in tweed- good shop! little bit pricey but its really clean you get great service and joe has really good fish shop ethics and knows his stuff! he taught me a hell of alot when i first got started!

others i rarely go to;

Burliegh Pet Centre- i usually go there to get stuff for my dog. cant help myself and always have a look at the fish. its not a bad shop but fairly pricey

Nerang pet barn- havent been there many times its not too bad but ive heard a few of bogus stories

Aquarium warehouse- even though i hate the place sometimes when im driving past i cant help myself i have to go in and have a look and everytime i do i think what a joke. theres white craned cichlids, hybrids, colour injected fish :( and its expensive... theres a new chick workin in the labrador store she might be worth poppin back in to see next time im up there :lol: jks.. but yeah other than her dont even waste your time :lol:

these shops are the only ones ive been to on the gold coast and ive been visiting most of them for atleast 2 years and thats my opinions.

Now now guys. I might to edit posts here.

If you have nothing nice to say about a shop no matter how funny, true etc{to yourself} best not to post anything.

I am sure most shops try their best, for whatever reason they are into it for. If you want to be fussy, every shop has there pros & cons. Its all about finding what shop works best for you. As in service, what they supply to meet your needs, price, location etc.

Frenchy :D

Wayne your welcome to name any shop you like,

But as the rules state you should avoid naming a shop in a bad light. And If i felt that by you naming a shop as being good, and it could, in turn cause extreme reaction and harsh criticism from my members then I would in fact be doing the same thing by allowing it to continue. :lol:

Ill also say that I shop at Brad's (AA), now im good mates with him, so thats my reason to shop there, but in the beginning when I was new and didn't have a great deal of knowledge on prices and fish (Some would say I still don't) His was the only store that did not try and profit from that.

Profit from good service, good quality and good advice, not from the customers lack of knowledge.

My reasons for the rating.

Grum.

having employees that are easy on the eyes might be ok for aquarium warehouse but if I want to know how to vent sex my enantiopus melanogenys or how to breed synodontist petricola using the marble method I might go to an aquarium store run by enthusiasts for enthusiasts (AA).

The joint at Beenleigh goes alright as well. First store to call into if your after lake Tangs

having employees that are easy on the eyes might be ok for aquarium warehouse but if I want to know how to vent sex my enantiopus melanogenys or how to breed synodontist petricola using the marble method I might go to an aquarium store run by enthusiasts for enthusiasts (AA).

i happen to know a number of staff at aq warehouse who are enthusiasts, some of the best you could come across. i'd say its a 50 -50 chance at that joint. Personally i believe every shop has its gems, every shop is worth having a look at.. you never know what you'll find. i love going fish shopping regardless.

Only shop I've been to so far on the Gold Coast is Aquarium Petland Southport and I was quite impressed with their range and fish quality, great little setup. Will be down in a few weeks I imagine, as it's a fair trip for me, and I'll poke around some other stores.