kehw

Media bags with zips in canisters?

i use them in all my canisters. makes cleaning veeeery easy. just pull it out and dunk in a series of buckets of tank water till the water remains clear.

i buy them from the $2 shop. they sell them as bra bags or washing bags.

get the ones with the biggest mesh size to allow plenty of water flow

great in sump filters too

hope that helps

Not sure how they make it easier then removing the basket and dunking it, to each their own though I suppose. Are the baskets poorly designed in your filter?

Not all canister filters have baskets. Take the Eheim classic series for example.

Hahaha, old skool hey, good on ya! :-) would rather old school Eheims than this Chinese crap flooding the market.

Hey Sam that's a blanket statement.

Is the stuff made in China all crap? or just some of it?

I have read that the zippers of those laundry mesh bags could rust and would be best to avoid.

I use those plastic net bags for fresh produce e.g. onions, etc. They are cheap as and can be bought from the stationery and packaging store at Brisbane Markets.

Here: http://www.statpack.com.au/index.php/search-result

Hope this helps. :)

Hahaha, old skool hey, good on ya! :-) would rather old school Eheims than this Chinese crap flooding the market.

Yeah, you're not wrong, even the Eheim classics have gone downhill since manufacturing moved to China. Luckily I have a small stockpile of the original German tanks!

i use them in all my canisters. makes cleaning veeeery easy. just pull it out and dunk in a series of buckets of tank water till the water remains clear.

i buy them from the $2 shop. they sell them as bra bags or washing bags.

get the ones with the biggest mesh size to allow plenty of water flow

great in sump filters too

hope that helps

Yep I use them in my sump and I'm pretty sure the ones I get from Coles have plastic zippers

Not sure how they make it easier then removing the basket and dunking it, to each their own though I suppose. Are the baskets poorly designed in your filter?

no baskets in the classic series. well not mine anyway.

na baskets in sumps either.

i try to buy the ones with the pull chords instead of zippers so don't have to worry about them rusting off, which they do after a while.

of just tie the top of the mesh bag in a not on itself. no chord or zipper needed if you do it that way