Wogboy

Transporting a 7 x 2 x 2 G. Maher aquarium setup

Hi guys,

Just enquiring about transporting a G. Maher 7 x 2 x 2 setup from Brisbane to Townsville, best company to use etc. Aquarium is all built and ready to go, just needing transportation, the transport company being used has fallen through.

Thanks...

One option would be to fly down to Brisbane, hire a truck (Abel or similar), load the tank and drive back up. This may prove less expensive than hiring movers.

Yes have thought of that, am looking at getting a rack of 4, 6 x 18 X 18 tanks with side drops soon hopefully from Deenisons and that is the option for those tanks. Anyone keen for a Townsville trip?

No luck with this tank, it's sitting in Brisbane ready to go :-( oh well, not sure if I could be bothered flying/driving down... anyone want a free G Maher? :-) might go back to flying planes, Clownsville is such a **** hole.

No luck with this tank, it's sitting in Brisbane ready to go :-( oh well, not sure if I could be bothered flying/driving down... anyone want a free G Maher? :-) might go back to flying planes, Clownsville is such a **** hole.

[MENTION=16760]Wogboy[/MENTION]formerlyplecoSam You are forever whinging about Townsville! Why don't you just pack up and move???

I was going to this year mate, but then I got a new job, kind of a career change, so I will get some experience and leave. Yeah I do hate Townsville, have for quite some time, aspects of it are ok, the size, but it's really a **** hole.

It's pretty good for cycling though but then the idiot drivers who love to encourage you! I have been encouraged a lot on my bike, they are such nice people yelling nice things to me, great for strava segments!

Ok screw it... wasn't going till but I will tell my story.

I am really disappointed with my current display tank it was nearly 2 grand and the glass is kind of blotchy, the lids are cut wrong and cut poorly, the tank maker is very rough. The cabinet is ok but finished rather poorly, the doors scrape as you close them as there is no gap after painting, the cabinet is strong but grade 12 woodwork level at best. The hood on the other hand is grade nine level, it has no support at the back so it sags in the middle, and the two front doors on the front of the hood have a 10mm gap on one side.

I fixed the sagging with some pvc pipe but the hood gaps are still there, I also spent two hours cleaning the excess silicone. Oh and the first sump did not fit, had to get another one made, great tank maker ay!

This is why I wanted a Maher tank, I won't get another Clownsville tank, have tried to sell my current display tank and best offer is 500. I am out of pocket 1500 plus all the time and effort sanding, staining and varnishing. Oh well, had I known then I would have put that 1500 towards transport costs, but after nearly a month it appears this Maher tank may never show up.

Am a little off put tonight, haha, sorry for ranting.

p.s. There was a good builder here but he has since retired :-(

Edited by Wogboy

It's pretty good for cycling though but then the idiot drivers who love to encourage you! I have been encouraged a lot on my bike, they are such nice people yelling nice things to me, great for strava segments!

Are you cycling up around Rasmussen at all? It's a lovely area especially down by the Ross River. You may even be lucky enough to grab a beer (mid flight) as the locals love sharing (throwing).

Yeah head up the dam quite often, is quite funny Saturday morning seeing the drunks walking home, but there is a petting little farm up there now with a donkey and goat, the goat stands on a table so he is level with the donkey and they watch the cars/bikes go past! Cracks me up every time!