gingerbeer

Setting up for apistogrammas thread.

So I have got moving setting up my tanks for the apistogramma.

This weekend I have resealed 6 tanks and once the silicon dry will set up with sand from Bunnings. I am going to set the tanks with Bolbitis, as it grows well and is undemanding. I want a complex tank so that I prevent aggression from over excited males, and once with fry dominant little women. I will make some breeding pots as I used to use.

Once I get some sand and water in the tanks I will add some photos, and my pots.

Also on the look out for good true German Rams.

Hi Gingerbeer, I have just gotten some young caccatoides and am looking for other types of apistogrammas to set up a colony tank. Any chance you know where I can get some other strains?

@garywant87speciesapistos If you look in the livestock trader there are a couple of adverts by @cblaxall who is selling some good quality apistos.

This is one of the adverts.

http://www.qldaf.com/forums/qld-cichlid-trader-classifieds-113/apistogramma-macmasterei-gold-125722/

Edited by mbunamad

Some sand or fine coffs @1mm for them to make a nest and move babies to and from. The pot on its side and larger founded flat stones. A lot of plants and depending on size of tank, most of the time its 1 (maybe a spare " backup subdom" male) but a number of girls. Dep on species too the light levels may need to be lowered hence the plants, even some duckweed too. Soft water ect good luck and have fun with them. :)

[MENTION=16893]garywant87[/MENTION]. Don't bother going to the auction on Saturday night. There are never any apistogramma at the auction. I did not get my Borelli at the last auction. Anyone saying that is lying to you. (They were also not bred by a breeder who is on here and known for breeding quality fish).

:behindsofa:

So water will be in the tanks tomorrow...... maybe.

I now have borelii. Fire red aggie, and accidentally bought some rams today.

I am planning on doing Rams the way Spencer Jack said they do in his talk at the IFC earlier this year. That conference is still paying off for the ideas from it I wrote down.