verfnew

Where do all the fancy Guppies Go

Where do all the fancy Guppies Go. Every weekend Fish Chick auctions fancy Guppy trios but you never see anyone trying to sell the offspring. I purchased 2 trios and have approx 5o Juveniles and fry growing out. Gave a few to a friend but the others I will be wanting to sell. Others must be in the same boat.

true story-- recently the president of a asian guppy society wandered in to the local lfs at Tweed heads and was talking to Big Willy ( local fish guru who works there ) and mentioned he was on holidays in oz and had visited many shops on the east coast and had come to the sad conclusion that there was not one guppy he had seen in this country that he wouldn't have culled . Obviouslyhe has high standards but still makes you think what we miss out on.

Yes you are not alone in wondering. I have bought quite a few pairs and trios through Fishchick. One group of four females and a male dropped premature fry or eggs with eyes, so nothing going there unfortunately, they were stunning copper magentas, possibly at the end of their breeding life from the size of them. Some German Whites I have are doing really well and will have babies up for sale soon. Black Moscows, swallowtails / ribbonfins also coming soon, but I would recommend an outcross there... I think people get into it and then find it too hard to keep a lot of colours going.