garywant87

Entroplus sp.

Hi all, I am wondering if there are any breeders of orange, green or blu chromides around Brisbane region. Orange chromides were the very first fish and cichlid I every had and I got them from either Bill Denton, Bill Smith or Lesley Taylor some 30+ years ago. jeez that sounds a long time

OK so no one has any orange or green chromides. jeez so much for keeping species alive. is everyone hitting the band wagon on new and exciting things like fontosa, peacock bass or something else and forgetting about the now not so common species like entroplus. even the poor convict is still around in the thousands in every aquarium as a stock fish. this is sad.

Frontosa are new? haven't they been around for ages, don't take it to heart Gary, people keep what they keep I suppose. How are you finding the forum apart from being roused on for opening 3 yr old threads, which is perfectly fine in my books :-)

hey wogboy. frontosa are new for me. i've been away from fish for 30+ yrs due to work travel. just relaxing now and getting back into the hobby. yes i should have checked the date of the post but it started some good feedback. now i have somewhere else to look for wc or f1 angels. there is some interesting info in the old posts but maybe archiving a bit more could help :ranger:

hey wogboy. frontosa are new for me. i've been away from fish for 30+ yrs due to work travel. just relaxing now and getting back into the hobby. yes i should have checked the date of the post but it started some good feedback. now i have somewhere else to look for wc or f1 angels. there is some interesting info in the old posts but maybe archiving a bit more could help :ranger:

No way Gary, a post is a post you just proved waking up a 2year old thread worked for you, forums can a repository of information, I have no problems with waking old posts :-)

Anything over Facebook, I have left all the Facestalk groups, a guy sent me a narky message yesterday because he wanted critique of his new sump, all I did was ask a few questions about it, three to be precise and he was all upset. I did say pondflex becomes pond stiff, which it does but what else can I say.

aqc247, Bill Denton, Bill Smith, Fred Vanderent, Leslie & Baron Taylor all legends and I beleive founding members of the QCG. Why I am cahsing the chromies is nostalgia. These were the very first pair of cichlids I bought from Leslie Taylors shop in Stafford back around 1975 and also the very first cichlid that spawned in my first 4x18x15 tank bought from Leslie also.

Greens have been hard to find since Terry Rowlands in Perth stopped breeding them and sold them off

found a guy with 3 a couple of years ago for a mate and he screwed it up and the deal collapsed

they were asking $450 each