littlebitfishy

What Is The Best Way To Worm?

I am bored as you can see.

So I am trying to o the best I can before I fall asleep.

Woul you like to send me a friend request?

I ould like to have a friend who lives on anoherplant. &)#!^^%+*(())O} { $#&@%))__&&worms_zpsffhunccc.jpg

Edited by mbunamad

Potasium Permanganate works well as a wormer for finches and chooks. Potasium can even help your plants. Worth a go if you dont might slightly tinged water ;)

That's some very poor advice. PP is very dangerous in the aquarium and needs a lot of research, understanding and precise measurements before use.

Pp has its place in the hobby. Its of absolutely no use for worms unless used at a high dose. It is an oxidizing agent so it essentially "eats" biological matter.

Sure it will kill the worms at this higher dosage but also the fish and all biological matter in the tank including the benificial bacteria in your filter.

I use pp in small doses as and effective microbe killer in quarantine tanks 😊

Edited by tuffy_rana
because

As for the worming. Use Big-L.

RATE : 1ml per 7 litres of aqaurium water.

This stuns the worms and they need to be removed after they have fallen out of the fishes bottom.

A bare bottom tank is best used for fish worming IMHO 😊

The use of a garlic infused food can help also. It helps the fishes immune system and most parasites do not like it.

Edited by tuffy_rana
because

As for the worming. Use Big-L.

RATE : 1ml per 7 litres of aqaurium water.

This stuns the worms and they need to be removed after they have fallen out of the fishes bottom.

A bare bottom tank is best used for fish worming IMHO 😊

The use of a garlic infused food can help also. It helps the fishes immune system and most parasites do not like it.

+1 for Big-L just make sure you check the concentration as the 1ml in 7L refers to the pig and poultry strength one. You have not said what you are worming but I have found this safe on most things but never used it on shrimp so maybe take is shrimp are present or test on a few cull shrimp first. Can be purchased at stock feed type places.

Pp has its place in the hobby. Its of absolutely no use for worms unless used at a high dose. It is an oxidizing agent so it essentially "eats" biological matter.

Sure it will kill the worms at this higher dosage but also the fish and all biological matter in the tank including the benificial bacteria in your filter.

I use pp in small doses as and effective microbe killer in quarantine tanks 😊

Completely agree @tuffy_ranna.

I just feel that if you are going to recommend PP, you better include a warning similar to your comment and include precise dosage rates and instructions on how to use it.

I very much dislike off hand advice, partial advice and inaccurate advice as any and all of these can cause hobbyists, especially inexperienced hobbyists, to lose fish, because how were they to know there was more to the advice than the tid bit they read on there "i need help thread".

That's some very poor advice. PP is very dangerous in the aquarium and needs a lot of research, understanding and precise measurements before use.

Gotta be a better wormer than advantage fleas.. ;) im surprised you that it was a legitimate suggestion lol.

Kasuri......buy a 20gm pak.....then u always got it....beware it will kill everything with exo shell......really..... The kids shood b wormed every 6 months or sooner...... And..... Snails will drop like flies....... It is a great product...if ur hunting it?.... Living reef aquariums has it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk