so this is the project ive been working on for a little while now, thought id share with everyone....

this is the stand - youtube copy

2r3cxtj.jpg

wrapped in MDF, sealed both sides of it and made it pretty

2nbcd1t.jpg

the sump- 2ftr with acrylic baffles (used dow corning 999a)

s2xx77.jpg

DIY return piping, PVC elbow jammed through a hole i drilled in the bracing

syt9hh.jpg

sump full (well almost) of media

2e399aw.jpg

DIY internal overflow boxs made from left over acrylic from sump

ff8w81.jpg

lined the tank stand over hang with an LED strip for sh!z and gigs, works fantastic

vh3gqv.jpg

temporary dodgy looking electrical work

30vyipy.jpg

naked(ish) system shot

28aovub.jpg

full tank+stand shot - rocks wont be used in finished project, just had them sitting around and wanted to remember how nice they were once upon a time.

29fuvx3.jpg

have to wait until friday, possibly saturday to get to AoA for white cichlid sand, ill grab some more noodles while im there and stock the sump up.... i have some more PVC to fit to the return line so it flows to the bottom of the tank, hits a T joiner and splits each way... first fill was today and i had no leaks so figured id fill it up with media and put it all together to cycle/ show off here...

feel free to ask anything you like/ offer advice etc...

running well, overflows work spectacularly well, little bit of a gargle on 1 side (1 sides overflow box is slightly lower than the other intentionally) main side is almost complete siphon, ill get that sorted swiftly;)

future plans for the tank are a custom high sloping style canopy with 2 channels routed into the front and back to have a full side ways sliding glass lids on each side of tank, lighting is petworx LED which has great white light and appears to be very bright but i have a twin t5 sitting here doing nothing and i did like the cool yellow on the last setup so undecided on that, but either way it will be fixed to the canopy not the tank. i still need to get a "lid" for the sump, probably go with a thin sheet of pliable plastic- just as a splash guard/evaporation protections.

will be all setup upstairs, cycled and warm and awaiting for stock by saturday evening next week so hopefully i can find a breeder and organise a saturday night pickup? :) we'll see haah!

So heres a shot of the tank. setup in its final resting place, stocked and running smooth. Only issue is this floor isnt level, so when i do my next water change ill try and wedge something under the low side..

post-16362-14711634622978_thumb.jpg