Bunyip

Experience with Sieryu stone.

Hi All

Can any members share their experiences with using Sieryu stone in the aquarium and whether it has raised TDS and pH?. I'm also aware that perhaps a lot of material sold as "Sieryu" may be an imitation. From what I've read, weekly water changes have been sufficient in keeping the TDS reduced.

thanks

I had no issues with TDS and pH issues when playing with a Iwagumi lay out, but there are knock offs on the market, look into Pieces Seiryu Stone, comes in packages.

Thanks. Are you suggesting that the Pieces Seiryu are the real deal or an example of a knock off.?

i guess there would be individual variation from stone to stone also in terms of limestone content.

Thanks. Are you suggesting that the Pieces Seiryu are the real deal or an example of a knock off.?

i guess there would be individual variation from stone to stone also in terms of limestone content.

Yeah it's the real deal mate, although mine is just sitting in a bucket in the shed as I've gone away from scapes and focusing more on the actual fish, haha.