Louiedee05

Stocking Ideas

Hi everyone,

I've kept tropical tanks in the past and I'm looking for a change. After deciding on Africans, I have narrowed it down to Lake Tanganyika... The decision made easier after a work colleague said I could have her 2 frontosa and an electric yellow when she moves house.

I've got a few questions. Firstly, I want to get additional fish so should I get them at the same time as my friends fish and introduce them all together or can I do this over a few months? Just thinking of territorial issues.

Secondly, how many fish do you think is sustainable? I have a 4ft x 2ft x 1.5ft tank running an eheim classic 600 and an Otto internal filter.

Lastly, can anyone suggest some fish that would go well with the frontosa and electric yellow? I've done lots of reading but the more I read, the more confused I get. I really just need a starting point.

Many thanks in advance.

Lou

Sent from my HTC_PN071 using Tapatalk

I myself have just started what my partner is calling an addiction but I call it "my hobby". I have a electric yellow and an electric blue. I also have a 7 bar a red jewel and a beautiful false spotted catfish aswell as a few silver sharks and two peacocks all happy in a 110L tank. I have found that the African Cichlids are pretty easy going in comparison to some of the Asian fish that I have chosen to keep e.g. Paradise Gourami, Tiger barb and Moss Barb which just fought all the time.

Lastly, can anyone suggest some fish that would go well with the frontosa and electric yellow? I've done lots of reading but the more I read, the more confused I get. I really just need a starting point.

Are you asking for only African Cichlid options as tank mates or open to other tropicals also?

Recent article with some suggestions. Am not experienced with these fish personally, but maybe helps as a starting point.

http://www.cichlid-forum.com/articles/compatibility.php

I myself have just started what my partner is calling an addiction but I call it "my hobby".

This sounds familiar!

Edited by Bunyip

Are you asking for only African Cichlid options as tank mates or open to other tropicals also?

Recent article with some suggestions. Am not experienced with these fish personally, but maybe helps as a starting point.

http://www.cichlid-forum.com/articles/compatibility.php

This sounds familiar!

Probably just the African recommendations. I have a mature breeding pair of BN that I couldn't part with and I would like to include as well. From what I've read, people have had success with this.

Sent from my HTC_PN071 using Tapatalk