GotCrabs

Melanotaenia splendida tatei

I keep them, in a tank in my fishroom, summer water temps up to 28C, winter temps down to 22C but in the wild they tolerate heaps lower temps than that. They are one of the most tolerant rainbowfish in regards to temperature. In their wild habitat temps fluctuate significantly from day to night. They are an underrated species in my opinion.

I used to keep and breed them outdoors on the NSW North Coast, I currently have one large male who's been surving in an unheated aquarium over the past two or three winters. It's an indoor tank and temps get down around 15-16C in mid winter, they're tough and pretty, almost identical to their relatives M.inornata only smaller. Cheers

@Gumbotron

To buy - I unfortunately do not travel well due to health issues !

I have , and breed a few rainbows .

But I am looking for some of smaller species / Cairnsichthys rhombosomoides - m.splendida tatei - m. nigrans .

I mostly breed Rhads and Maccullochi and some Praecox along with a couple of blue eye species .

I have a lot of tanks but half of them are only 30 inch and my large ones 4ft nothing bigger so looking for smaller species - Trifasciata get too big for a 4ft ( my opinion , others disagree )

If I can get there on Friday night I will have a talk to the small skinny man at the ANGFA meeting and see what he knows about that is around .

Edited by pony-tail