mbunamad

Hot Topic Friday 04-12-2015 Would you care if QLDAF didn't exist?

Personally I think QLDAF is the people who come here. Everyone can choose to go somewhere else. It has happened before when an Admin believed they owned the forum, and hence the hobby., The hobby is big. My hobby is big. It is bigger than any club, forum or Facebook page.

I think QLDAF can come together and do great things. I take the example of what happened for Bill Smith. That was bigger than me. The forum ad a great chance to be a place where hobbyists of QLD could come together and do something good. I think we need to relaunch the rare fish project. I think we can make a difference to the hobby. That is the forum I want to be a part of.

I am concerned when members have shots at new people and abuse people. Everyone was new once, everyone can make mistakes. The nice thing about experience is when you make mistakes, they can be much bigger.

I like when people take the time to give answers to new people. It does not really matter where this happens, but new people only learn by talking to people. The great thing is the people who think they know everything, when they are prepared to answer a question, and listen to others answer. They learn too. I continue to learn. I like that we ID and respect clubs. Members of clubs have a lot to offer.

I know that a lot of people come here to learn. There are lots more users than posters. Why? Because there is a history of the hobby contained here that we today are custodians of. There is a lot of information we need to care for.

The premise that the forum is dying is false. The forum continues to be in "members" hands. It is up to members to help each other and talk to each other. I have seen forums exist based on admin and mods answering all the questions and being the "gods of fish keeping". I hate this. Fish keeping is a hobby to be shared and studied together. Actually the same can happen on Facebook. We continue to get hits from people looking for information.

I like to learn. I thank [MENTION=5455]Donny[/MENTION], [MENTION=6066]webmaster[/MENTION], [MENTION=4247]Matmatmat[/MENTION], [MENTION=353]Rod[/MENTION], [MENTION=2388]Daydream[/MENTION], [MENTION=3262]bristlenosejohn[/MENTION] and many others who taught me so much. I could go on.

I would miss the community, but the community to me is the forum.

Personally I think QLDAF is the people who come here. Everyone can choose to go somewhere else. It has happened before when an Admin believed they owned the forum, and hence the hobby., The hobby is big. My hobby is big. It is bigger than any club, forum or Facebook page.

I think QLDAF can come together and do great things. I take the example of what happened for Bill Smith. That was bigger than me. The forum ad a great chance to be a place where hobbyists of QLD could come together and do something good. I think we need to relaunch the rare fish project. I think we can make a difference to the hobby. That is the forum I want to be a part of.

I am concerned when members have shots at new people and abuse people. Everyone was new once, everyone can make mistakes. The nice thing about experience is when you make mistakes, they can be much bigger.

I like when people take the time to give answers to new people. It does not really matter where this happens, but new people only learn by talking to people. The great thing is the people who think they know everything, when they are prepared to answer a question, and listen to others answer. They learn too. I continue to learn. I like that we ID and respect clubs. Members of clubs have a lot to offer.

I know that a lot of people come here to learn. There are lots more users than posters. Why? Because there is a history of the hobby contained here that we today are custodians of. There is a lot of information we need to care for.

The premise that the forum is dying is false. The forum continues to be in "members" hands. It is up to members to help each other and talk to each other. I have seen forums exist based on admin and mods answering all the questions and being the "gods of fish keeping". I hate this. Fish keeping is a hobby to be shared and studied together. Actually the same can happen on Facebook. We continue to get hits from people looking for information.

I like to learn. I thank [MENTION=5455]Donny[/MENTION], [MENTION=6066]webmaster[/MENTION], [MENTION=4247]Matmatmat[/MENTION], [MENTION=353]Rod[/MENTION], [MENTION=2388]Daydream[/MENTION], [MENTION=3262]bristlenosejohn[/MENTION] and many others who taught me so much. I could go on.

I would miss the community, but the community to me is the forum.

No, nope not at all. Haven't logged on in ages. Everyone uses FBook now, and those sites are full of tossers, many are on here aswell.

You have logged on to make the above comment.

You are also using the trader to sell to some "tossers"?

http://www.qldaf.com/forums/showthread.php?t=126477&p=840981#post840981

I would miss it if it didn't exist.

Mostly, I just read and search information for my questions without any enquires but many times, when I couldn't find the right one I just asked and got different replies. These were able to help me out. So, I'm happy with this site and the friendly/helpful community. Also, I have met a few great people thanks for the QALDF.

Regards,

Jani

Yea I would absolutely miss it.

I have found great inspiration from members either from the pictures that are posted or from what is written. I am not a big poster but that is the way i am wired, I would rather hear the intelligent answers from experienced fish keepers than guess an answer. I credit this forum and it's members to see how far I have come from that first 1 foot tank to what I have now.

Sent from my GT-I9305 using Tapatalk

To be honest, not really, I would miss it but would get over it pretty quickly, this place is good but like anything the few make it difficult for the many, a lot of good people but a few opinionated know-it-alls. To be honest, ACE is run a lot better, do not mean to offend, am just being honest.

I would miss the **** out of this place!

I don't post so much anymore because I feel a bit outta touch from not posting so much.. Haha catch 22, but I do read a lot.. QLDAF has given me so much entertainment, information, new friends, anger, help, bargains, laughs and a place to waste time on the Internet that I'd be totally bummed if it disappeared.

I've read funny things on here that I get to take to real life and pretend I made it up and seem really funny, I've read things on here that helped me save fish, I've got to visit some amazing fish rooms that members have generously welcomed me into, I've been welcomed into people's houses for dinner (@russ I'm looking at you) and got to meet families and share laught and drinks, I've had members generously restock my house with fancy things like free plasma TVs after our house was robbed (thanks Ben), I've learned the Internet isn't real and a throat punch can solve many things.. Thanks raycam, I've learned so much about fish from dudes like Tuffy, Goldenswimmers, Donny, jester, rod, fishking, daydream and many more.

I've seem some of the best internet dummy spits ever here.. That alone is worth hanging around for... Seriously.

Edited by Matmatmat

I would miss the **** out of this place!

I don't post so much anymore because I feel a bit outta touch from not posting so much.. Haha catch 22, but I do read a lot.. QLDAF has given me so much entertainment, information, new friends, anger, help, bargains, laughs and a place to waste time on the Internet that I'd be totally bummed if it disappeared.

I've read funny things on here that I get to take to real life and pretend I made it up and seem really funny, I've read things on here that helped me save fish, I've got to visit some amazing fish rooms that members have generously welcomed me into, I've been welcomed into people's houses for dinner (@russ I'm looking at you) and got to meet families and share laught and drinks, I've had members generously restock my house with fancy things like free plasma TVs after our house was robbed (thanks Ben), I've learned the Internet isn't real and a throat punch can solve many things.. Thanks raycam, I've learned so much about fish from dudes like Tuffy, Goldenswimmers, Donny, jester, rod, fishking, daydream and many more.

I've seem some of the best internet dummy spits ever here.. That alone is worth hanging around for... Seriously.

Mate im back now. Im one seriously misunderstood dude...... you're gunna see some more dummy spits soon .... lol.

Peeps should chill and take a grain of salt......hell.... 25kg is like 7 bux at big w .

Why are people so unkind ?

Ps. Would love to catch up bud

To be honest, not really, I would miss it but would get over it pretty quickly, this place is good but like anything the few make it difficult for the many, a lot of good people but a few opinionated know-it-alls. To be honest, ACE is run a lot better, do not mean to offend, am just being honest.

But I hardly comment any more.

Are you calling yourself a know-it-all?

Yep would be missed ,

Don't use facebook or fancy phone social networking , QLD-AF only !!

Although sometimes highly controversial and opinionated , I don't mind having input other than some members whom just spend they're time complaining up a storm & offering very little in the way of aquarium knowledge or things too buy / sell !!

Yep would be missed ,

Don't use facebook or fancy phone social networking , QLD-AF only !!

Although sometimes highly controversial and opinionated , I don't mind having input other than some members whom just spend they're time complaining up a storm & offering very little in the way of aquarium knowledge or things too buy / sell !!

But if one is not on any social network, how does one bully the sooky, paleo eatin, mysoginistic calling, walled Aly suportin, anti glooten eatin, anti vaccinating female feminist and similar bro males?

Edited by Wogboy

Mate im back now. Im one seriously misunderstood dude...... you're gunna see some more dummy spits soon .... lol.

Peeps should chill and take a grain of salt......hell.... 25kg is like 7 bux at big w .

Why are people so unkind ?

Ps. Would love to catch up bud

Holy s h I t Batman [MENTION=2856]tuffy_rana[/MENTION]torrielover If I didn't know better I would say [MENTION=208]Lungy[/MENTION]indisguise?

But if one is not on any social network, how does one bully the sooky, paleo eatin, mysoginistic calling, walled Aly suportin, anti glooten eatin, anti vaccinating female feminist and similar bro males?

The answer is you don't bully them because you have a life, and being a bully is for cowards and jerks ;)

The answer is you don't bully them because you have a life, and being a bully is for cowards and jerks ;)

My right hand has been known to violently bully my wang on a regular basis, poor bugger, he's gonna need therapy when he grows up.

I would not know, never been on Twitter, Instagram or the likes, just some crap that's on the news, one would think there is more important things than that but hey Waleed has to whine about something.

if you think you are a tosser mbunamad, I will support you in your thoughts

You asked what I though of the forum, I told you.

Why keep making a point of what I said?

If you are so concerned, lets have a beer together and talk about it.

Your choice Pal, or just get over it.

Edited by thommo2020
as i want to

I would miss it.

After doing a web search for some answers, which leads you to a zillion random forums, have you ever concluded "I don't know or trust this site/people, lets tack on QLDAF to the search string"?

Trust misplaced or not, I do it all the time!

[MENTION=4553]thommo2020[/MENTION]vision said:

"many are on here aswell. "

Today i found out I am one of the tossers!

I feel like I have let you down, I could have told you that ages ago but I thought you already knew lol.

Cheers mick

I would miss the site bad. I have been a member for quite a while now.

I started fishkeeping from scratch and almost everything I know, I have learnt on this forum.

Have joined some other forums in the past but always end up back here as you soon learn the grass is not necessarily greener on the other side of the fence.

All community's have there differences, it's how they work through the issues that matters. Always worked ok for me here.

Dun Wurry ....... Be Happy :-)

Brendan