GotCrabs

Fish Species & Locations Suitable

Am talking with [MENTION=17006]coffee[/MENTION] at the moment and he mentioned that the new place he moved to has a dam on the property, I'm trying to talk him into getting local fresh water fish and adding them in there, can anyone suggest any locations locally and what those locations might have in stock? He's in Brisbane, not sure exactly though, be fun to collect some nice natives and put 'em in the dam, it's about the size of 3/4 swimming pools, help the bloke out hey?

Rainbows, blue eyes, smelt and gudgeons would be a good start.

Most native enthusiasts keep fish from different river systems separate so knowing a more precise location will help.

As an example local to me there is the logan and Albert rivers, crimson spot rainbows from both rivers are different, the ones in the Albert have a blue sheen that the logan river ones don't.

Natives on the north side of Brisbane look different again and the closer they get to brackish water the redder they get.

Cheers mick

Probably have some turtles if you see bubbles.

Red claw are good eating but not native this far south, nielsons marine mates sell local natives but if you want cheaper speak to some members of angfa.

Down stream aquatics at annerley have a great range of natives and the owners are good people that are willing to give advice and help.

Cheers mick

currently one dam has 2 or 3 eels and some small baby fish the other dam i'm not sure if it has anything or what it has but have seen bubbles and some movement near the surface

Bubbles near the surface? Sounds like the Cuban drug cartel have a submarine in your dam!

Edited by GotCrabs