Bunyip

New driftwood slime.

I'm aware that the bacterial bloom "white slime" you can get on new driftwood is normal. I'm not too concerned about appearances at the moment and happy to let the slime run its course. I am interested to know members experiences on how long the bloom generally takes to clear up?

How longs a piece of string?

Ok, it depends on the amount of available sugars in the wood. Can also have common wood fungi chilling in there as well. Alsohow long the wood has been dead

So no real answer sorry but normally i havent had any more then a few weeks, but i use old long dead wood

How longs a piece of string?

Ok, it depends on the amount of available sugars in the wood. Can also have common wood fungi chilling in there as well. Alsohow long the wood has been dead

So no real answer sorry but normally i havent had any more then a few weeks, but i use old long dead wood

Yeah I agree is hard to quantitate, so was wondering what the average times were for other members who have experienced this. Had assumed it would likely clear in a few weeks. I don't really want to disturb the tank to clean as it would likely return anyway until the driftwood has been removed of available nutrients.