GotCrabs

Denariusa bandata (Penny Fish)

I keep them - lovely little glass fish. A little timid and in a planted tank you can forget you have them as they'll hide among the plants. I've found they don't take to prepared foods at all so I make sure to give them hatched brine shrimp or wrigglers once a week. They take frozen brineshrimp too. In my bigger tanks I sometimes have a few that I forget to look after but with plenty of shrimp in the tank there are always some shrimp larvae or hatching for them to eat.

I've never bred them - always bought from Aquagreen. Some I've had for a number of years. They have personality and swim like most glassfish in a in a stop-start-hover kind of way (like gudgeons do too) that makes them a little different to species that swim around all the time.

I think they might eat small snails too. My biggest is about 30mm ... so they are a small fish.

Yes I've had them with Threadfins and Blue Eyes - no probs. I have some cherry shrimp in with them recently - the shrimp were added by mistake as tiny shrimplets in amongst moss and they grew to maturity -the Penny fish ignored them. They are not bullies. neat in their own way IMO.

Yes I've had them with Threadfins and Blue Eyes - no probs. I have some cherry shrimp in with them recently - the shrimp were added by mistake as tiny shrimplets in amongst moss and they grew to maturity -the Penny fish ignored them. They are not bullies. neat in their own way IMO.

Excellent, cheers [MENTION=12699]Grubs[/MENTION], will look into a small number of them, thanks.