binga

Yellowfin Bream

Hi all, first post on here,

i was just wondering if anyone knew of any places around Brisbane that have a stock of yellowfin bream? I'm looking at getting an estuary themed 6 ft tank set up and would like to start of with bream.. Any advice would be appreciated, thanks

yellowfin bream might be tricky to get hold of i don't think there is much of a call for them? your probably going to have better luck with mono's or scats... but others might have seen them or know of places that sell them?

Would also love to know if there's anyone out there with captive-bred yellowfin, as am going to be finalising a 5ft in the New Year & would love to have one. Saw a 10cm yellowfin in a northside lfs about 18 months ago that had come in as a trade-in - had been grown out in full fresh, & lfs was trying to move on for $10 :eek: Was itching to take home, but would have been cruel + dangerous in a 2ft with blue eyes...

Hey yeah I've called around all the aquarium shops I felt were more likely to carry them and the response from most was something similar, very hard to get their hands on. I thought it'd be worth an ask on here to see if anyone had more insight information on the topic.

Thanks for the replies