grubby

Great new battery powered Aerator that floats and aspirates .

Almost 3 days run off battery would be good as backup.

If it is as quiet as they say, then it would be good for fish catching trips, especially the drive home.

Was that in the shop ?

Sort of, Michael Cox had it there as a demo only. He bought one at the ANGFA convention at Pt Macquarie and decided to show it off. I was very impressed.

ok [MENTION=3726]grubby[/MENTION] heres the lowdown they are freekin great they come with a styrofoam bucket and they spray a mist instead of bubbles and definately cool the water down ...

tou get a 6-12volt converter which means you can carry it with a square dolphin torch battery until you get it back to the car.ive had 3over time and my mates never seem to return them.

i use the bucket for catching the livebait then transfer it to an esky thats been modified so the wires can come out the top.modified is a stretch its got a circle cut in side of esky and a cable gland fitted with the wires inside siliconed in place all is held in place by the pressure from the lid locking it down .theres prob a better way because the cable gland has to go with you on expedition .next time i think ill cut the gland in half first so i can get the wires out easily.

ive never ran them for more than a couple hours on a battery b4 putting 12 volt connection to it but they really do work

oh yeh also used it as a aerator when lost power in storms

Edited by billfish

ok [MENTION=3726]grubby[/MENTION] heres the lowdown they are freekin great they come with a styrofoam bucket and they spray a mist instead of bubbles and definately cool the water down ...

tou get a 6-12volt converter which means you can carry it with a square dolphin torch battery until you get it back to the car.ive had 3over time and my mates never seem to return them.

i use the bucket for catching the livebait then transfer it to an esky thats been modified so the wires can come out the top.modified is a stretch its got a circle cut in side of esky and a cable gland fitted with the wires inside siliconed in place all is held in place by the pressure from the lid locking it down .theres prob a better way because the cable gland has to go with you on expedition .next time i think ill cut the gland in half first so i can get the wires out easily.

ive never ran them for more than a couple hours on a battery b4 putting 12 volt connection to it but they really do work

oh yeh also used it as a aerator when lost power in storms

Where did you get yours ?

[MENTION=6570]QldMick[/MENTION] basically how mine works but its a 60 ltr esky

[MENTION=3726]grubby[/MENTION] ,ej todd is the distributor in australia so any tackle shop can get them , mine came from mo tackle at byron bay theyre a mail order tackle shop from memory theyre about $70 but fleabay will prob be cheaper

Ok looking at $21 USD to buy and $15 USD to ship. That is roughly $30 AUD to buy and $21 USD to ship. I am making enquiries so far it looks like I can get 2 shipped for $15 USD. I have emailed them to see postal rates on larger orders. But assume I bought one and someone else bought the other, we would be up for about $45 dollars per unit, it may get cheeper if we order a few, it will depend on their postage rate, but a lot cheaper than you can buy em for in Australia thats for sure.

I use a 6 - 12 volt (5watt) Direct Current tiny water pump (200 LPH ) from ebay that cost me $7 delivered. I added 2 alligator clips, a coarse sponge pre filter, polypipe and micro irrigation sprays. Runs off the cigarette lighter in the car and square 6 volt torch battery in the field. Total cost around $10 and my limited DIY skills. So small & cheap that I carry a spare as backup.