lgw

Help with plant.

Hello plant people,

I set up a low tech planted tank for my daughter about 6 months ago. I haven't had any dramas up until now, this is the only plant with the symptoms and I'm quite sure it wasn't like that a couple of days ago.

Can anyone tell me what the go is?

post-6895-14711634681495_thumb.jpg

have you checked iron level? remove all yellowing leaves, are you dosing any ferts ? what substrate are you useing ?

No to the iron test.

I'm using the macro fertiliser and glut blocks from you guys and pool filter sand as substrate.

Now that I think of it, I did move a piece of driftwood and disturbed a couple of plants in the mean time. I also knocked the blocks causing them to disintegrate. Not sure if this would be the cause, just thought I'd put it out there.

crypts are affected very easily by, disturbing roots, sudden changes in water perameters etc, most likely a few leaves will melt but the plant will come back with new growth. wouldn't worry to much, just remove any leaves that are melting/yellowing, but try not to disturb roots. also you need to feed the roots with root tabs, EG: API root tabs or hydragrow tabs or ADA multi bottom spikes.

Edited by PETFISH

Over doing glut can also cause. Make sure you dont get too generous with in.
crypts are affected very easily by, disturbing roots, sudden changes in water perameters etc, most likely a few leaves will melt but the plant will come back with new growth. wouldn't worry to much, just remove any leaves that are melting/yellowing, but try not to disturb roots. also you need to feed the roots with root tabs, EG: API root tabs or hydragrow tabs or ADA multi bottom spikes.

Thanks fellas