inkevnito

PetWorx Ext. Canister Filter

Hey there Fish Friends,

I have come across the petworx Canister filter online, just wanting to know if anyone has had any experience with this brand for filters yet?

Any help would be much appreciated!

Thanks in advanced!

Details of Filter are as follows.

1200Lph

3 stage filtration - All filter media included.

Roughly $100

Our sponsor [MENTION=2383]ageofaquariums[/MENTION] sells them. I have two of the 1200lph ones running for over a year. No issues so far. Cleaning them is easy and I like them.

Is there any specific thing about the canister filter that you would like to know? Give AOA a call. I'm sure they'll be able to answer them.

That sounds great! I was just contemplating on this one or the fluval 06 series. Not sure if I should go with fluval or the cheaper alternative. Which I am sure will do as great of a job! May I also ask if the Intake and outlet are clear?

And I will definitely call up AoA for more info.

Intake, outlet pipes and spray bar are grey translucent plastic. Intake strainer is black.

I don't have a Fluval so I can't compare. I chose a cheaper filter instead of Eheim or Fluval because I'll rather spend the money on good quality filter media. :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yer i have a 1200 and hqve been running if for amost 2 years. Only had to replace the main seal once in that time.

Is quite which is a big deal for me, and it dose what a filter dose. You will have to get some additional media with it. I binned the stuff it came with kept the coarse sponge and brought better media

At the moment I am running a Hopar KF 2218. Seems to be similar to the BioPro version. Works great but it had suddenly gotten a rattling noise. Have tried everything that seems logical... but the sound goes softer and 10 minutes later, it is loud again.

Very annoying!

Petworxs which is affordable, made in China with 12 months warranty v's Fluval which is 3 year warranty and are not a Chinese made product. A lot of it comes down to dollars and cents. Here is Fluvals youtube that takes you though a little more in depth with the filter. Good luck making the decision - I can see both sides.

Edited by The Tech Den

was just checking out aquaholics website but didn't see any petworx filters. the biopro 1200 was there for $99. are they the same and just a rebadge?

we are the original importers of this filter and have been dealing direct with the factory on almost a daily basis for over 5 years

The petworxs canisters we don't carry as they are just our biopro canisters under different label, we are still also the suppliers of all the genuine spare parts.. I can safley say we know more about these filters than anyone in Australia and they are very very reliable

we don't sell our Biopro 1200 for $99 its only $75 after forum discounts it would be around $68 and ours are with extra media. This is because we are the direct importers

At the moment I am running a Hopar KF 2218. Seems to be similar to the BioPro version. Works great but it had suddenly gotten a rattling noise. Have tried everything that seems logical... but the sound goes softer and 10 minutes later, it is loud again.

Very annoying!

Sounds like your impeller is gone.. we sell the genuine part that would fix that up for around $12 (that will bring it back like new) it could also be just a case of a good clean in the impeller socket and ensure the rubbers are in good condition

[MENTION=15893]The[/MENTION]TechDen and [MENTION=9246]Donny@ageofaquariums[/MENTION] and to a lesser extent [MENTION=3956]AquaholicsOnline[/MENTION] post in various threads on this forum.

In my eyes this is good business practice because it keeps those names in front of us regularly.

The more often we see these names the more likely they are imbedded in our minds.

They might only get a small number of views here but they pay $xxxx per year sponsor fees so might as well make the most of it. If the same thing is done on farcebook how many squillion views do they get there?

I reckon its great to see sponsor participation.

Now there are two sponsors and one sponsors employee commenting in this thread. Gotta love friendly? competition. bgomf.

Partially my fault as it was mentioned earlier the interest in the Fluval - but between the time I started answering it and messed around then posted, Donny had put his input into it which is why I edited my post as Donny covered the things that I had in my post and removed the part that he had already covered and just left the parts that he did not mention.

Not competition, just information which was the way that it was intended. Even sponsors have rules to abide by.

Petworxs which is affordable, made in China with 12 months warranty v's Fluval which is 3 year warranty and are not a Chinese made product. A lot of it comes down to dollars and cents. Here is Fluvals youtube that takes you though a little more in depth with the filter. Good luck making the decision - I can see both sides.

https://youtu.be/PTt7ZACZTaM

Certainly comes down to money! Will have to think about it. Appreciate the help :)

Will have to try replacing impeller then! Hopefully it will do the job. Certainly beats buying a whole new canister. Thanks for the insight!

I run two Biopro 2200lt canisters and yes it would seem to be a fault with the small bush at the end of the impeller which the shaft runs through. This bush wears out of shape after time and causes the impeller to become noisy, replacement of impeller stops this noise. Perhaps the manufacturer should be notified of this fault and could improve the quality of this bush, other than this i am happy with the performance of this brand filter considering the initial cost of purchase.

Will have to try replacing impeller then! Hopefully it will do the job. Certainly beats buying a whole new canister. Thanks for the insight!

I run two Biopro 2200lt canisters and yes it would seem to be a fault with the small bush at the end of the impeller which the shaft runs through. This bush wears out of shape after time and causes the impeller to become noisy, replacement of impeller stops this noise. Perhaps the manufacturer should be notified of this fault and could improve the quality of this bush, other than this i am happy with the performance of this brand filter considering the initial cost of purchase.

Sounds like your impeller is gone.. we sell the genuine part that would fix that up for around $12 (that will bring it back like new) it could also be just a case of a good clean in the impeller socket and ensure the rubbers are in good condition

Cheers,

so i guess i can buy the BioPro impeller and it will fit into my Hopar Filter? since it looks to be the same body mold.

EDIT: It is okay now, found out it is compatible!

Edited by inkevnito