garywant87

Amazing Angels

Hi fishy friends, I was just out checking on my 6x2x2 as I put 5 young discus in last night and noticed my young pair (being qty 2) koi angels behaving badly chasing other fish away from one end of the tank. Well wonders never cease on an amazon sword leaf is a lot of eggs, weren't there earlier this morning. The fish are only about 5 - 6 cm in body. Well I think I can say they are a pair and if the eggs hatch then a breeding pair. In any case there is massive space for them and the other fish discus, electric blue ram pair and a young apisto pair should be managable for them. Not sure I can get a pic because I've scaped the tank for natural shadows and irregular shapes and branch placement and the sword is toward the back but I will try. Cheers all and Merry Christmas.

You might have a pair but if your water is too hard the shell on the egg goes hard before the male gets a chance to fertilise it. Or if they are a young pair they might just need abit more practice. If you have a look when they are spawning the females tube will be a lot larger than the males and the males looks like the tip of a sharp lead pencil in shape.

Thanks Buckshot, yes they are a young pair and this was their second spawning. Water test shows water is soft and pH around 6.8. There were fertile eggs but being in a community tank they probably got slowly eaten. Waiting on clearing out a couple of holding tanks then am going to move both angel pairs in to their own tanks and see what happens. Cheers