Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Maestro

WTB 10-12 ft tank

I would be looking at spending about twice that for a tank that big, definitely don't want to skimp on a tank that size IMO and thick glass is not cheap

No need to spend twice the money. There'll be plenty of change from 2k if buying a used 10fter.

If you can afford a new one than don't compromise ,you might save a grand or so but its peace of mind, you might get a bargain buying second hand but it could be years old ,possibly leak, scratched etc,

It happened to a mate years ago with a 10x3x3 let go( fortunately in the middle of the night) in his brand new house had to replace carpets, plasterboard,furniture . It was a salt tank as well which added to the cleanup problem, if your buying a new house get the new tank and hold of on something else for a while until you can afford it, you'll sleep better guaranteed

Like [MENTION=14086]Lofties[/MENTION] said, plenty of change from $2k. I thought I saw a brand new 10x2x2 on Aquarium Warehouse website for $1100, could be wrong though.

I bought a brand new 8x2x2 for $400, makes me smile when I see second hand 8fters up for sale for $500 or more. Unless used tanks are dirt cheap I see no point buying anything other than brand new.

Sent from my GT-I9305 using Tapatalk

I have 2 10 x 3 x 3 tanks I'm not using but I'd want $4k each since the roof would need to be removed and a crane hired to lift out.

Tanks aren't display quality. Solid steel stands.

Would be cheaper to strip and rebuild

Most certainly wouldn't get either a Gary Maher or Dennison tank built as cheaply as mentioned above , but you will get quality.

Only takes owning one foul quality tank built for example by "aquariums R us" before you realise spending that little extra usually ensures when doing tank maintenance you wont slice your arms up and get all kinds of issues like braces not even , lids don't fit properly because of dodgey lined up glass etc.

Not justifying the price the top tank builders charge by any means or the customer service they most certainly lack , but the quality is there.

Heard very good things about that mick @ aquarium3 price-wise - quality wise but cannot properly comment because i've only ever had gary maher & dennison's work , planning too try aquarium3 down the track!

All my tanks are built by Mick from Aquarium 3, imho I can't fault any of my tanks. I have not had a tank built by Dennison but have heard great things. Personal choice in the end, I don't think you can go wrong with either of them.

I have 2 6fters built by Dennison and they are both top quality and when they were delivered the customer service was second to none.

Oh and the steel stand is the straightest steel stand I have ever owned.

A top bloke who builds high quality tanks. I wouldnt use anyone else.

my 8 foot is a maher, personally i wouldn't use any other builder except for dennison, that volume of water i like to ensure it stays in the tank and not on my floor. The extra cash is justified for my peace of mind IMHO. I will be spending much more than the tank and stand to set it up, so really it's one of the smaller costs of the end result. each to their own

Most certainly wouldn't get either a Gary Maher or Dennison tank built as cheaply as mentioned above , but you will get quality.

Only takes owning one foul quality tank built for example by "aquariums R us" before you realise spending that little extra usually ensures when doing tank maintenance you wont slice your arms up and get all kinds of issues like braces not even , lids don't fit properly because of dodgey lined up glass etc.

Not justifying the price the top tank builders charge by any means or the customer service they most certainly lack , but the quality is there.

Heard very good things about that mick @ aquarium3 price-wise - quality wise but cannot properly comment because i've only ever had gary maher & dennison's work , planning too try aquarium3 down the track!

That is very true, I was burnt by a poorly built tank up here, cut myself a few times! dam ugly tank, glass was rubbish and it cut me!

I have emailed aquarium 3 a couple of times, no reply, not a good way to run a business.

I had the same issue. After some persistence, I finally managed to get in touch and got a quote but they changed their price up at the last minute. I was not impressed.

Went to Dennison. Great price and easy to deal with.

Personally I will never go with aquarium 3 again and will not recommend them either.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk