garywant87

Interest in importing some other Frontosa species

Hi all, I am or have not been a fan of frontosabut recently I looked up how many species there are of frontosa. I was amazed to find there are around 15 various strains geographically located around the lake. Of those we seem to only have about 4 of the sepcies. I don't know if it is cost or not but I was looking for C. Gibberosa "Nangu" as these are a deep water frontosa and the adults look impressive. I may be a bit naieve but the import of Cyphotilapia spp does not identify the individual species. Surely there are people with the contacts or ability to coordinate a buy and possible add in other species that people may want such as new blood in apistos or other species. What do you think?

Hi Garry. There are many different Frontosa variants available in Australia. In the last few years i have imported the below.

Mpimbwe, ikola, kipili, karema, kalolo, kavala, kabogo, bulombora, moliro, chumbu, kalumba, moba, tembwe, muzi, kitumba, kapampa, mikula just off memory. Frontosa from Nangu do not often get collected.

Ill have a list of what is available end of Jan with a fair few different fronnies.

Edited by lloydashton