The guppies in most creeks are noxious. But sword tails aren't and are found in most creeks, but they are riddled with parasites. Much cheaper if you just by 3 form a pet store, 2 girls 1 boy and they will breed like no ones business.

Most wild guppies bring diseases to your tank best to buy direct from pet shop plenty around selling guppies in no time you'll have many though they do tend to eat their young too you can get a breeding tank to pop mum into so she can birth in peace

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah i know all this. Just to do something with the young fella catching fish out of a creek like i did when i was a young fella.

Sent from my GT-I9506 using Tapatalk

You could get a small trap and catch rainbows in most creeks around Ipswich, any guppies and gambusia can be killed and teach the young fella about natives and the impact feral species are having.

Cheers mick

Around Fernvale is pretty good for Rainbows. Just get away from Suburbia, if the vegetation on the creek banks looks native and healthy, there is a good chance that the creek itself is pretty healthy and therefore should have heaps of rainbows. You could try Kholo, Moggill Creek, colleges crossing.

You could get a small trap and catch rainbows in most creeks around Ipswich, any guppies and gambusia can be killed and teach the young fella about natives and the impact feral species are having.

Cheers mick

post of the year so far,

well said mick,