Mitch.0

Freight for a 10x2x2 with cabinet

Any one got any ideas on how to get a 10 x 2 with cabinet from Brisbane City to Bongaree (Bribie)

Found a tank I like but shipping is becoming the difficult bit.

It depends on whether your car has a tow ball and is heavy enough for a big trailer but I definitely prefer a low flat bed trailer as helpers can lift from all sides. Tie off points are very easy. Could be an issue for cabinet if it rains though.

I once moved 30 tanks - 3 x 2 x 18 high with a flatbed car trailer. Actually there were 3 trips (90 tanks) but I managed 30 tanks each load... on narrow mountainous roads

DSCF4034Medium.jpg

I prefer using trucks like the 3 tonne ones you can hire, for large tanks. The truck height is approx hip level meaning lifters dont have to bend down to put the tank down or up. Just put one end in and slide the tank on.

it depends on whether your car has a tow ball and is heavy enough for a big trailer but i definitely prefer a low flat bed trailer as helpers can lift from all sides. Tie off points are very easy. Could be an issue for cabinet if it rains though.

I once moved 30 tanks - 3 x 2 x 18 high with a flatbed car trailer. Actually there were 3 trips (90 tanks) but i managed 30 tanks each load... On narrow mountainous roads

dscf4034medium.jpg

wow!!!!!

I went through the same experience with an 8x2x2 last night. Logistics made a free tank cost $250. When you add up $69 Abel van hire, $30 fuel, $60 slings and straps and $90 for 2 cartons of beer for the 5 helpers it took to load the monstrosity. :) Pls don't tell the wife or my goose is cooked. :D

Edited by Farmboy99