Bacterial diseases are currently very common in peoples tanks due to the high temperatures.

Get extra oxygenation into aquariums. Don't over feed. Remove fish that have infections from the aquarium before they die. Healthy fish are likely to get sick if they feed on contaminated corpses.

Theres heaps of meds out there, but first priority should always be the basics.

If filters are dirty give them a clean using water taken from aquarium they run on.

Ensure no ammonia or nitrite in water.

And get that oxygenation happening!

The temperature of the water coming out of my hose yesterday man as I was refilling my water change containers was 39 degrees man!!

But it cooled down to 34 degrees after a minute of running man.

The water was actually bubbling it was so hot man! Or was it the airstone?

On a side note what is growing inside a garden hose as it lays in the sun man? Not algae coz it doesn't get direct sun.

[MENTION=9246]Donny@ageofaquariums[/MENTION]man have you done an analysis of the water inside a garden hose? Or maybe Winston has done one?

Not sure whats released man but have been told that water sitting in your hose is bad man. Thats why you should run it for a minute before putting it in your tank.

Have you ever drunk it as a kid? Tasted foul. Lol. Man.

Ah man, my tanks have been running at 30+ alot this summer man. Just keep the surface heavily disturbed and you should be right if your fish are healthy mans.

I have been having steady die offs of my wild caught Bribe Island Blue eyes for several weeks before the heat kicked in. These guys came from brackish water and I have tried to match that water quality, but they are not thriving. They are eating well but there is a steady die off going on. I have Blueyes from the same source in another tank with Empire Gudgeon but they are doing well and they were converted to full fresh, which if anything should be working against them. Anyone have any clues.

Man...

It still heats up even in the shade and it literally takes 5mins of running it to become coolish.

Also my hose water tastes delicious [MENTION=7537]Otto[/MENTION]

I am saying as a kid, did you ever run to the hose for a drink and not get the water out of the hose first? Not only was it hot but tasted plastic. Man. Lol

How special do you have to be to not let the water in your hose Cool down befor filling up your tank.. That said we all make silly little mistakes

The water was going into my water storage container not a tank of fush!

man!!

I have been having steady die offs of my wild caught Bribe Island Blue eyes for several weeks before the heat kicked in. These guys came from brackish water and I have tried to match that water quality, but they are not thriving. They are eating well but there is a steady die off going on. I have Blueyes from the same source in another tank with Empire Gudgeon but they are doing well and they were converted to full fresh, which if anything should be working against them. Anyone have any clues.

Up to 20ppt and don't feed, did not like the look of those guys last week. Can grab some of the suss ones that are still kicking and have a good look at them on Sat. if you want.

Up to 20ppt and don't feed, did not like the look of those guys last week. Can grab some of the suss ones that are still kicking and have a good look at them on Sat. if you want.

thanks for the offer but heading out very early Sat morning. I will up the salt and follow doctors orders.

Cheers,

Phil

Now that you mention it Donny yeah I do that and it works a treat, but my tank runs like that year round. pH sits just below 6 and I've never had an issue, even with an emo Oscar who just keeps bashing himself against things while fighting his reflection.

I find recovery I much faster in this tank and any seriously bad wounds If I add salt are gone overnight.

A little bit of tannin seems to go a long way.

Edited by OFRC
forgot to add "man" so MAN

Yeah man Tthere is certainly something to be said man about using various types of leaves for medicinal purposes man.

I make a "tea" from IAL or dry, brown banana leaves man for my Bettas. Makes the water murky man so recreating the look of their natural habitat.

Edited by mbunamad
i also forgot "man"!!

Some of my Rhads and blue eyes are swimming at the top .

I checked the temp in my tanks - some at 33c some at 34 and my room is 35c ( quite comfortable for me - but a little warm for my fish )

I noticed that the tanks with canister filters are all 1c hotter than the tanks with air powered sponges - never really thought about a canister adding heat before .

Well the salt uppage seems to have done the trick. No deaths this morning and they appear to be a lot happier. Thanks Steve.

Phil

Probably no good if your running planted tanks man but don't run you lights man cause they put out a fair bit of heat man. Keeps it that degree or 2 cooler man.

Probably no good if your running planted tanks man but don't run you lights man cause they put out a fair bit of heat man. Keeps it that degree or 2 cooler man.

Not if you run LEDs.. man.