Hey guys just want to do a little thread on these Albino BN eggs that were abandoned by their father. The father decided after a day of car the eggs were too boring to care for or something and left them and is now on the other side of the tank on more eggs. So I decided I could try hatch them myself. So I put them in a little 25l tank still In the cave cause the buggers were not going to budge (annoyingly) and put an aerator in the cave to oxygenate the water it is now day three of the eggs under my care with more updates to come.

PS I know hatching these eggs is easy but I just thought I'd share.

Cheers TheAquaHolic001

post-16220-14711634791015_thumb.jpg

post-16220-14711634791205_thumb.jpg

post-16220-14711634791461_thumb.jpg

Edited by TheAquaHolic001

Will BN breed in anything other than caves? Reason I ask is I have 2 big fat females in the tank and I have built rock caves and driftwood caves. I saw a couple of rectangular caves in an LFS and bought 2, I placed these at the opposite end of the tank, 5x2x2, where I had open sand bottom and within 5 mins I had both females occupying the entrances to the caves. I haven't seen the male for a couple of days. The females are still large and fat but keep the opening blocked. I say females as they are around 2" long and about same around stomach LOL and no bristles on head or mouth area.

Usually it's the males that claim a cave and stay there e.t.c. But no they breed in a lot of places, these include,

Caves pictured- available at most lfs's

PVC caves- I build mine and then weigh them down with a rock or something a like and I also make a T shape with them connecting them with wire and then put something on top usually driftwood.

Under rocks- I usually clear out an area maybe 3cms in depth under the rock and sometimes they spawn there but usually just hang out there

Terracotta pots- I have never done this but if you turn it over so the bottom is on the ground and then cut out a hole for them to go in apparently they will spawn in there, as I said though never done it though

And in ponds mine seem to spawn under the pond pump for whatever reason

Basically anywhere with one entry they can guard with ease

Cheers, TheAquaHolic001