jcumpstay

Incoming Imports prior to 1 March 2016

Anyone taking advantage of what may be the last of the imports from Germany?

Meng(Keysborough), Grant Parkes (ACE Forums), Lloyd Ashton Frontosa?

My understanding is that the new import laws are still likely to be imposed as of 1 March this year so I'm assuming that these will be the last lot of imports from Germany prior...Who knows what will happen post 1 March...

Anyone taking advantage of what may be the last of the imports from Germany?

Meng(Keysborough), Grant Parkes (ACE Forums), Lloyd Ashton Frontosa?

My understanding is that the new import laws are still likely to be imposed as of 1 March this year so I'm assuming that these will be the last lot of imports from Germany prior...Who knows what will happen post 1 March...

Pretty much anything I would want to import has already been prohibited !

From what I have heard German bred fish are now being hybridized like many other fish breeders in other countries [including Australia] are doing.

Am I wrong or aren't fish still being imported but being batch tested?

From what I have heard German bred fish are now being hybridized like many other fish breeders in other countries [including Australia] are doing.

Yeah mate importing is still allowed, but just with a different set of hoops to jump through. This could mean the end of smaller imports, or it could make them easier and cheaper for all we know. I can see arguments both ways. Personally I don't believe it will be the end of the world as we know it, but I have still ordered a few fishies for myself just in case.

Many wild caught fish from South America and Africa can not be imported directly from said continents, so they often come through Germany instead.

For many years the Germans had a very good reputation for producing quality line bred variants. Today equally good line bred variants can be found in Asia as well. Unfortunately there is a stigma attached to Asian bred fish due to rumoured practices from the 90's.

Something else to consider is that just because a fish is imported from a German wholesaler, such as Aquarium Glasser, it doesn't mean it's German bred. It is often cheaper for a German wholesaler to buy fish from Czech republic breeders than it is to buy from German breeders.

Many wild caught fish from South America and Africa can not be imported directly from said continents, so they often come through Germany instead.

For many years the Germans had a very good reputation for producing quality line bred variants. Today equally good line bred variants can be found in Asia as well. Unfortunately there is a stigma attached to Asian bred fish due to rumoured practices from the 90's.

Something else to consider is that just because a fish is imported from a German wholesaler, such as Aquarium Glasser, it doesn't mean it's German bred. It is often cheaper for a German wholesaler to buy fish from Czech republic breeders than it is to buy from German breeders.

What was happening in the 90s, I wasn't even old enough to have a tank then

yes lets And iv already answered that question in the other threads you start up, but I would like to discuss it again

Coolies [MENTION=11301]Lictoga[/MENTION]whitecranelover lets go!