pony-tail

Aquarium gear and fish - Farcebook .

After a couple of years of constantly being referred to Farcebook , My daughter set me up a temporary account .

I was up till sunup this morning poking around - and I think I am pretty much done . It was totally underwhelming .

I mean really , why bother ( from an Aquarist point of view - forums and clubs , you know personal contact and talking to people leave it for dead )

I can now say that I have been there and still do not get it .

Lol, nothing wrong with windoze 10, it is an OS it works, I don't mind it, OSX is good too but Apple are slowly turning their products into toys, some Linux distros are good others are bad but for the masses, windoze is far easier.

As for eggbook, well it is ok, it's quite good as a news medium but socially it is problematic, some people have no empathy for others, other people have eggbook addiction and to be honest eggbook just gives idiots a voice. I do not like it because it shows how bogan and backwardly stupid many Australians are, my overseas friends tell me that Australia has many bogan idiots. My spelling is pretty bad, spellcheck kills spelling but I cannot believe the stupid errors... dose for does, loose for lose, it's embarrassing! uneducated eggbook idiots make these simple errors.

You may think I am being harsh, but shouldn't we all, this is our country, idiots should be held to order! Of course Australia is full over wonderful people, I surround myself with them, I have no time for idiots be they Aussie or from other countries.

Lol, nothing wrong with windoze 10, it is an OS it works, I don't mind it, OSX is good too but Apple are slowly turning their products into toys, some Linux distros are good others are bad but for the masses, windoze is far easier.

As for eggbook, well it is ok, it's quite good as a news medium but socially it is problematic, some people have no empathy for others, other people have eggbook addiction and to be honest eggbook just gives idiots a voice. I do not like it because it shows how bogan and backwardly stupid many Australians are, my overseas friends tell me that Australia has many bogan idiots. My spelling is pretty bad, spellcheck kills spelling but I cannot believe the stupid errors... dose for does, loose for lose, it's embarrassing! uneducated eggbook idiots make these simple errors.

You may think I am being harsh, but shouldn't we all, this is our country, idiots should be held to order! Of course Australia is full over wonderful people, I surround myself with them, I have no time for idiots be they Aussie or from other countries.

I was hoping to find other Aussie fish people - Easier just to go to a fish auction or ANGFA meeting .

Facebook has a search engine of sorts , but I am used to using search engines that actually work .

Went looking to see if anybody was breeding Cairnsichthys rhombosomoides ( Cairns rainbow ) - Rainbow trout in Canada anybody ?

I have to admit I am new to it but it just does not do what I had hoped .

There are many good people on Facebook, I think you understand security enough to be safe but yeah search is garbage, and I t is a shame the idiot few ruin it for a lot of people. The clownsville fish groups have both good and bad people, I have left them though, they cannot help me and I do not sell fish or gear so I have no need for them.

One positive with Facebook is you can click on a user and get a picture of what they represent, pretty easy to spot the tough bogans from the good guys. Lots of scantily clad females too, although entertaining they just do not get it!

Is this what you are looking for @pony-tail? [MENTION=15973]GotCrabs[/MENTION]?

https://www.facebook.com/angfaqld/?fref=ts

https://www.facebook.com/NativeFishAustralia/?fref=ts

Already found them ANGFA was second stop , right after Down Stream Aquatics .

I can not join locked groups cause my account is bogus - just to check it out .

Honestly FB is little different to any online site. It's the people who make the personality of a group. Different forums have different personalities and different levels of activity.

I am a member of a Betta club, and our FB page is for club business, general betta discussion topics, etc. but we also have a group chat that is very lively, full of jokes, and people happy to help each other. A FB is what the members make of it. Just like any forum or online medium.

Honestly FB is little different to any online site. It's the people who make the personality of a group. Different forums have different personalities and different levels of activity.

I am a member of a Betta club, and our FB page is for club business, general betta discussion topics, etc. but we also have a group chat that is very lively, full of jokes, and people happy to help each other. A FB is what the members make of it. Just like any forum or online medium.

All pretty new to me

My idea of social networking is Friday night ( or whatever night the local pub decicides ) karaoke or jam night down at the pub , or catching up at an Aquarium fish auction or club meeting .

Not online "talking" to virtual people .

But with illness my life has become more online and virtual and less out there and real .

Pony, I do not have anything related to myself on my Facebook account, some may see that as bogus but I am a member of a few groups. I very rarely log onto to Facebook, and would not put my name, birthday etc on it, but you can still join groups.

Pony, I do not have anything related to myself on my Facebook account, some may see that as bogus but I am a member of a few groups. I very rarely log onto to Facebook, and would not put my name, birthday etc on it, but you can still join groups.

I guess it might help if I actually had some idea of what I was doing -

I am learning as I go .

Is this what you are looking for @pony-tail? [MENTION=15973]GotCrabs[/MENTION]?

https://www.facebook.com/angfaqld/?fref=ts

https://www.facebook.com/NativeFishAustralia/?fref=ts

Yeah ended up jumping on Facebook, been on for about a week and still no friends, haha, only using it to find Desert Rainbows.

Lots of info, I've found Chris Young, Peter Matheson helpful, some beautiful fish being kept, just no Desert Rainbows for sale, only found spawn mops of them.

Some people like to try and say Facebook is the future and forums are dying. Some people like to take sides.

I say, Facebook has some cool pages, I love the ANGFA page, and there is also a WA research site that is cool on the sawfish. It is also bad as lots of people become overnight experts. There is little depth of knowledge stored, but the picture sharing is great.

QLDAF is a cool platform as it is years of history of fish keeping in QLD. It is the history dating back to when I lived in NSW. That is the value. This gives a gravitas to the forum.

All members, sponsors, mods and admin are custodians of this knowledge.

I encourage everyone who thinks facebook is good - get to a club...... You will be surprised with what you learn. I wish I had more time to get to club meetings.

Yeah ended up jumping on Facebook, been on for about a week and still no friends, haha, only using it to find Desert Rainbows.

Lots of info, I've found Chris Young, Peter Matheson helpful, some beautiful fish being kept, just no Desert Rainbows for sale, only found spawn mops of them.

Egg laiden mops are the same as fish. You just have to hatch and raise them. Crash course in fish skills.

Egg laiden mops are the same as fish. You just have to hatch and raise them. Crash course in fish skills.

I have never bought egg laden mops !

How do they ship them?

are they shipped damp or in water ?

I have raised rainbow fry ( about 100 ) on the go at present .

That part is not difficult .

also wondering about matching water parameters and such .

I have been chasing "Cairnsichthys rhombosomoides" and they do not ship well so maybe mops are a way of doing it .

Did you read that thread on Facebook, Facebook at its finest, one of the primary reasons I refuse to post or be a part of it.

You refuse to be a part of it Sammy but you know whats being posted? Go figure.

Edited by gingerbeer

Did you read that thread on Facebook, Facebook at its finest, one of the primary reasons I refuse to post or be a part of it.

The best part of that post is he posted on another group saying that the neighbours were spraying pesticide and it came in his window and wiped out the tank but he hasn't taken down the crap he wrote about aquariums alive.

Unfortunately on facebook every idiot has a voice to express their opinion no matter how stupid their opinion is.

Back to the topic I think they ship mops in water and eggs can handle a parameter change better than young fry.

I will be getting some mops sent in a few weeks so I will take some pics of how they arrive.

Cheers mick

Edited by gingerbeer

The best part of that post is he posted on another group saying that the neighbours were spraying pesticide and it came in his window and wiped out the tank but he hasn't taken down the crap he wrote about aquariums alive.

Unfortunately on facebook every idiot has a voice to express their opinion no matter how stupid their opinion is.

Back to the topic I think they ship mops in water and eggs can handle a parameter change better than young fry.

I will be getting some mops sent in a few weeks so I will take some pics of how they arrive.

Cheers mick

I will be interested to see !

[No name needed]

The thread was removed just now from QLDAF facebook. We do not allow that sort of post on here. If you have a problem with a store talk to them, and if not satisfied there are safety nets like consumer affairs to protect your rights.

You refuse to be a part of it Sammy but you know whats being posted? Go figure.

I use Facebook for messenger and my cycling team, unfortunately you cannot have one without the other. I extremely rarely check Facebook, I refuse to post or be part of the community, it is not for me, each time I check a shop or similar, threads like the one I mentioned come up, not that hard to understand really.

Gone figuring.

Tell you what, for you Bunakins I will leave the group.