Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

pony-tail

WTB 24x18 timber stand

Condition: Used Price: cheap Willing To Ship: No location: Redcliffe Looking for a pretty cheap 24x18 stand - after a wooden one but open to metal .

If you have a closed cupboard one I may be interested if not too expensive .

PM what you have or post here .

must be sound and look ok .

wanting asap .

will pickup .

pony tail, they are pretty easy…and very cheap (assuming you have the tools already) to make. I can link some patterns if you want?

I probably do have the tools ( somewhere ) I have unfortunately been very ill for a couple of years ( I quit smoking and became chronically ill - seriously !) most of my stuff is packed or sold .

A very simple stand can be made from 2 lengths of 4 foot board (18 inch wide).

Cut both lengths in half (all 2 foot long). Bunnings has a cutting service if needed.

One board is used for top and bottom just like a sandwich. The other board is used for 2 vertical legs (2 foot height).. Splay them 90 degrees a few inches apart so the stand is solid. Glue and screw the vertical legs to top & bottom boards. Thats it. Finished. Very solid. Can add a small shelf and stain & varnish if desired.

Or find some besser blocks and a table cloth... ?

A very simple stand can be made from 2 lengths of 4 foot board (18 inch wide).

Cut both lengths in half (all 2 foot long). Bunnings has a cutting service if needed.

One board is used for top and bottom just like a sandwich. The other board is used for 2 vertical legs (2 foot height).. Splay them 90 degrees a few inches apart so the stand is solid. Glue and screw the vertical legs to top & bottom boards. Thats it. Finished. Very solid. Can add a small shelf and stain & varnish if desired.

Or find some besser blocks and a table cloth... ?

or pull the monitor off my desk and have 2 identical desktop tanks - who needs internet anyhow !

post-1094-14711634951039_thumb.jpg