My main fish are too lazy to chase the feeders(will smash anything and everything that hits the surface)..and the feeder are too relaxed for my liking. .

suggestions for good active native hunters ?

It's probably a good thing. Feeders are riddled with parasites and disease, not to mention terrible value for money once you consider nutritional content.

If someone's giving you culls I can understand it but the ones in shops are really a terrible idea

Are you feeding pellets as well? Why would he chase feeders and use energy when he can sit there and wait for food...

If you want him to be more aggro cut down the other foods until he only has feeders as an option.

Or get a dither fish that he has to compete with for a meal.

But as stated above, feeders aren't the best nutritional wise, I used to feed up my feeders so they were full of good food and then feed my toga, he had the thrill of the kill and good food at the same time.

Also the larger natives have their own temperament, some are alpha some are beta.

Cheers

Hm never thought of feeding up the feeders first.

I feed them a combination of pellets, earth worms, feeders, beef heart ( loves it) even non native geckos.

Ill try not feeding him again.

avoid feeding geckos they're riddled with worms.

My toga gorges himself on freshwater shrimp (macrobrachium australiense) common feeder shrimp, they're generally pretty slow moving but when a predator comes in too close they dart off backwards really quick, might liven him up to chase. I can still feed him pellets too with ease.

I breed my own in an IBC.