Sign in to follow this  
gk_2v

Air pump capacity for multiple sponge filters

Can someone help me understand what sized air pump i need?

My set up is going to be 6-8 nano tanks, each is almost exact 10 litres on 2 racks (4 on top and 2-4 below). Im using ATI Hydro sponge filters in the mini size for all the tanks and want all of them to run off the 1 air pump with a gang valve to split everything. At the moment im using my TetraTec ASP100 but even though it seems to work, water flow isnt great- this model does say its for 50-100L but i dont know what its LPM rating is.

How many litres per minute does a pump need to be rated at for this sized nano tank to give sufficient filtration?

I remember when we just all sat around the camp fire holding hands and blowing air into our tanks through straws. You kids today got it easy, what with your wireless pictograph contraptions and electric powered diaphragm bellows. I blame the decline of the slave trade on this lavish decadent slide into automatum reliance.

At the very least bring back the oil lubricated piston air pumps. That way a man can be sure his pump is still going even while using the grass masticator or rotating cordage quadrangle leveler, by its steady reassuring penetrating drone.

Thats a big jump from 22/30 LPM vs 3 LPM on the PetWorxs 202. So maybe i need something in between to allow for expansion.

1 big thing is that it MUST be as quiet as possible because this set up is in my dining room and im already pushing the boundaries on getting a few more tanks

Thats a big jump from 22/30 LPM vs 3 LPM on the PetWorxs 202. So maybe i need something in between to allow for expansion.

1 big thing is that it MUST be as quiet as possible because this set up is in my dining room and im already pushing the boundaries on getting a few more tanks

202 is twin outlet.... so 360 per hour or 6 per minute.

Still a big jump though.

Either way, when all eggs are in one basket it really pays to have a spare in the cupboard.

202 is twin outlet.... so 360 per hour or 6 per minute.

Still a big jump though.

So basically i should be looking at anything above 1 litre per minute per tank eg 6lpm divided by the number of tanks

Sign in to follow this