GotCrabs

The Boss's Tank

So the day Mum found out she had Hashimoto's Disease, after years of Doctors telling her they didn't know why she wasn't well, she decided she wanted the tank set back up and wanted to get herself some fish.

She went to the local fish store and got 7 Blind Cave Tetras because they were "Pretty Pink and Blind", she also wanted pink and red plants to match the fish, even though I told her the LED probably wasn't strong enough for them, she didn't care, so I thought OK, get what you want and we'll just put them in then.

She got on eBay and got something like $40 worth of plants, haha.

Pink Baby Tears, Alternanthera Reineckii, Pogostemon Stellata, Rotala Colorata, Rotala wallichii and a few others I'm not sure of.

I told her, it was her tank now, so she had to set the plants up as she wanted them, haha, my bathtub is my tank now, haha.

I'm not a fan of the plants, but it's her tank now, so yeah, here ya go.

post-15973-14711634901798_thumb.jpg

I don't mind the look of it, I don't like the Spongebob tanks and all the ones with really unnatural stuff them, but that's just me. Also, may I ask what size the tank is? looks very long and thin, or maybe the picture just deceives me.

Well, the Boss went to work so I got stuck into her tank, pulled everything out, trimmed plants down, divided into 3/4 stems per group, replanted and added some Dinosaur Pee, looks a lot better I think.

post-15973-14711634945496_thumb.jpg

Yeah, the ones with all the highly colourful ornaments.

maxresdefault.jpg

To each their own.

The last time I had an ornament in a fishtanks was when I was seven, had a gold fish bowl with two Blackmoors and a plastic shipwreck. Ever since all my tanks have been natural.

The last time I had an ornament in a fishtanks was when I was seven, had a gold fish bowl with two Blackmoors and a plastic shipwreck. Ever since all my tanks have been natural.

What? Not even 1 Spongebob?