Sign in to follow this  
Shed100

Hadalook Today at Two Shops

I had a look (today) at two shops, WOW they had a lot of livestock.

They had some whoppers too. They had reptiles but the surprise was how many live packs of crickets they had in stock. Neons were dearer than I expected and guppies were cheaper. Neither had Bettas in stock.

The ones I saw did not have many tanks, mainly fish. What did surprise me is the corner filters in the holding tanks all looked neglected, but maybe they were all good on the inside. The air stones were all very active and all the fish looked good.

I saw a red claw that was too small for me to keep when I fished for them and it had a $20 price tag.

MMMmmm vewwy interwesting!

Pauls aqaurium at Oxley by any chance?

I was not sure if I should name them on here.

Yes, but I did not see Paul, and I had a look at the Rocklea markets.

I found it interesting how enthusiastic the staff were at both shops and the customers I overheard sounded very knowledgeable too. I can't see our little enterprise impacting too much on either of them, so that is good.

Do they feed crickets to the fish too, or just the reptiles.

[MENTION=17413]Shed100[/MENTION] if you're up on the Northside, check out Smiths Aquarium. As far as I am concerned, they are the standard I measure all other LFS against.

[MENTION=17413]Shed100[/MENTION] if you're up on the Northside, check out Smiths Aquarium. As far as I am concerned, they are the standard I measure all other LFS against.

Thanks@pk333 I don't get anywhere much I am retired so I just hang out local, with an odd trip to see my mother at Caloundra but I have to go the Brisbane Women's Hospital this week for my annual pacemaker review. It was a big trip to Rocklea. We sold our motorhome last year and my motorbike too.

I need a holiday and was supposed to be going OS, but that has been delayed. Maybe I should plan something.

Sign in to follow this