steve6610

PHOTO THREAD please post photos of your ponds and Aquaponics ONLY

OK, ladies and gents, here is the cast iron bathtub that I'm in the beginning stages of setting up for Australian native fish and plants, roughly 170l, was set up last Wednesday and am already seeing new plant growth, all plants are going really well, am looking into keep a handful of either Murray River Rainbows or Desert Rainbows in here, also have another 2 bathtubs in the works to make into Australian native fish and plant ponds which will be put together over the next few weeks, am looking to keep a handful of Empire Gudgeons in one of them.

Plants in the bathtub are 2 pots of Vallisneria nana, 2 pots of Marsilea drummondii, 1 pot of Nymphoides Spinulosperma, 2 pots of Myriophyllum, will be adding a small amount of Duckweed this week or next.

The bathtub gets morning sun for about 3 or 4 hours and then shade for the rest of the day, the bathtub also has a solar powered aerator in it.

post-15973-14711634961532_thumb.jpg

OK, ladies and gents, here is the cast iron bathtub that I'm in the beginning stages of setting up for Australian native fish and plants, roughly 170l, was set up last Wednesday and am already seeing new plant growth, all plants are going really well, am looking into keep a handful of either Murray River Rainbows or Desert Rainbows in here, also have another 2 bathtubs in the works to make into Australian native fish and plant ponds which will be put together over the next few weeks, am looking to keep a handful of Empire Gudgeons in one of them.

Plants in the bathtub are 2 pots of Vallisneria nana, 2 pots of Marsilea drummondii, 1 pot of Nymphoides Spinulosperma, 2 pots of Myriophyllum, will be adding a small amount of Duckweed this week or next.

The bathtub gets morning sun for about 3 or 4 hours and then shade for the rest of the day, the bathtub also has a solar powered aerator in it.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]71729[/ATTACH]

Nice, where did you get the Solar aerator from ? Let me know when that duckweed gets to you ?

A poor photo taken earlier just after the rain, this is my 109l tub sitting in the railway sleeper planter box, I had 3 Desert Gobies in there but have decided to put them back inside.

Plants are: Marbled Water Fringe (Nymphoides Spinulosperma), Marsilea drummondii, Vallisneria nana, Marsilea Mutica (Rainbow Nardoo), Myriophyllum (Dragon Fly).

post-15973-14711635008877_thumb.jpg

This is one i put together at work on Saturday in about 4 hrs believe it or not, Sand & 2-4mm Aggregate to hold the base in place, some commercial soil on top and bush rocks for the edges. I still hafta put a few more plants around the edges and give it a clean up though. Has 4-5 generations of signifer in their.

post-1814-1471163520448_thumb.jpg

post-1814-14711635204591_thumb.jpg

post-1814-14711635204839_thumb.jpg

post-1814-14711635205043_thumb.jpg