Sign in to follow this  
alice

transporting a tank

can anyone recommend a good tank removalist on the northside? Or any companies that I should steer clear of? Amazingly, the 6ft only needs to go to the next suburb. thanks

Good luck... my brother hunted around for someone to move his 4x3x2 and no one wanted to know him as soon as he said fish tank. I'm not saying there's no one that will do it but it may take some ringing around and a lot of no's.

Look in the local rag and see if you can find a private courier preferably with a van. You could use a ute and pillows as I have done. I moved a six footer from sandgate to burpengary once. I had pillows at each end and rope holding it in place length ways, I had a doona or 2 inside it as well, and a doona running the length of the tank keeping it off the tray.

HTH

call mini movers hey. It does cost like 80bucks

but two big kiwi's come and put the tank where ever you want.

and make it look easy. my brother has used them twice

and you can book a time and if they late you get 10% or

sumthing like that...so yeah if you willing to pay that then

they are the go. :)

ah i had my tank delivered by a removalist which deals with tanks as they are deliverers for Aquarama but i don't have their number anymore

you could call Aquarama and ask them

http://www.aquarama.net.au/

they did a good job of carrying my 2 metre long tank, quick and good people

I think the above post refers to the same people, as the people who came were 2 kiwi guys as well

Davis removals (Hervey Bay)they do work in Brisbane as well,moved 21 of my tanks without a problem..18x2fts,1x4ft sump,1x6x2x2 and another 6ft

Highly recommended :)

Ask for Craig

Yeah as every1 said. DIY :o

I Helped a mate n we moved his 3x 4x1.5x2 from the goldie to ipwich wit gravel n ornaments in the tanks in one trip via Carindale. (he had to show his boss) no breakages some smelly water spilt in my van but eh :oops: windows downs the whole trip, its all good :lol::lol:

My advice is give a mate a call wit a van/ute/truck or trailer, chuck him some fuel dosh n do it urself.

Its loads of fun n no1 to blame but urself if u break a tank :lol::lol::lol::lol:

Yeah as every1 said. DIY :o

I Helped a mate n we moved his 3x 4x1.5x2 from the goldie to ipwich wit gravel n ornaments in the tanks in one trip via Carindale. (he had to show his boss) no breakages some smelly water spilt in my van but eh :oops: windows downs the whole trip, its all good :lol::lol:

My advice is give a mate a call wit a van/ute/truck or trailer, chuck him some fuel dosh n do it urself.

Its loads of fun n no1 to blame but urself if u break a tank :lol::lol::lol::lol:

thanks for the hand and sorry bout the smelly water but tim you also helped my move my 6 ftr to my new place

cheers pete

I bought 2off 6'x18"x18" tanks and had them in the back of a ute from Alex Hills to Browns Plains with no prob's. Even with the tanks hanging out the back cause they didn't quite fit. Damn the designers at Holden :urgh:

Had them on an old rug with a couple of bits of syrofoam jamed in and both survived. :chimp:

Rob

I CAN GET A TRAILER TO MOVE A 8X2X2 PEICE OF CAKE ...AFTER A FEW BEERS THO LOL

AND A CAR :lol::lol::lol: JUST SAY CARTON AND I CAN MOVE IT FOR YA

ME NO SMART BUT ME CAN LIFT HEAY FINGS :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Nah dude, Beer lessons the pain of a dropped tank on ur foot :lol::lol::lol::lol:

ive also moved tanks from the sunny cost to ippy, from wellington point to ippy(nice tank Cichlidmad) but the only tank ive broken was a 2x1x1 when i moved it out of the house into the shed n slipped puttin it into the bottom shelf of the rack n broke one end(it was the tank we took most care of cuz it had my peps n cherries in it) :oops: but simple fix n its up n running again.

Ford utes r no betta as Peteypetesky's 6x2x2 didnt let the tail gate shut, just need some good old telecom rope n a thickish blanket n ur set.

PS dont let clayton near the beers til after its all in place :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

DDDDOOOOOPPPPPEEEEEE no beers lmao

all ya need peice of foam furniture removolist blankets and a tie down strap the tank wont move one bit ...oh and a piano trolly thats my little secrete how to move a 8x2x2 by ya self :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Re piano trolley .

How do you lift it onto the stand on your own ?

thats why he needs the beers first so if he bust a poofle valve :esup: he wont feel it till the morning

and hopefully by then it all good ;););););););):mrgreen::mrgreen::)

easy slide the end of the tank so its half on the trolly ...then lift one end on the stand while other end on trolly then lift tank from the middle and then just slides onto the stand easy as that ...

you jump in the car head down to the matildah servo at strathpine and hire an 8x5 cage trailer and DIY.

I bought a 6x2xw a couple of weeks back and we moved it in a 8x5 cage trailer. take a dogey old foam mattress and put it under the tank, push it up against the walls of the trailer with a few towels folded up to keep it off the sides. wack at ratchet strap around it and a towel on the corner of the tank so it doesn's rub or mark it. with the 8x5 youll be able to fit the stand on the other side and plenty of room for the rest of your accessories if you need to. We moved it like this from sunshine coast to stafford no worries

Good luck with it

Sign in to follow this