Sign in to follow this  
harrison.c

Betta and angelfish? Advice needed

hey guys i am wondering about a new tank set up. ive had my 60g tank running with 100 feeders for over a month now to cycle the tank properly. last week i added 4 juv altum angles and 2 siamese algae eaters and removed the feeders. next i plan on adding 2 more angels and a betta. now.... some of you may be upset with this but i really want a male. although if i can not find a very peaceful one i will settle with a female :( ok so do u guys thing this will be acceptable? the tank has lots and lots of hiding placed including driftwood rocks and lots of plants.

Please leave some comments and if you have a peaceful male betta for sale on the gold coast please send me a dm.

Regards Harrison

:help: :help: :help: :help: :help: :help: :help: :help: :help: :help: :help: :help: :help: :help: :help: :help: :help: :help: :help: :help: :help: :help: :help: :help:

I have no problems with a betta being in such a set up. Just make sure you have a few floating plants for the betta to rest amongst. And I wouldn't worry about looking for a peaceful betta. Betta's only tend to be aggressive towards other bettas, gouramis and paradise fish, and sometimes fancy guppies with big fins.

I have no problems with a betta being in such a set up. Just make sure you have a few floating plants for the betta to rest amongst. And I wouldn't worry about looking for a peaceful betta. Betta's only tend to be aggressive towards other bettas, gouramis and paradise fish, and sometimes fancy guppies with big fins.

ok sweet thank you so much for your advice :)

Hey guys I'm setting up a similar tank but with tetra and a couple of rams also. My wife wanted to put one of her betta in there but I wasn't sure if it would be compatable.

What do you think? [MENTION=3878]pk333[/MENTION]

As I said in the other post, just make sure you have some plants with broad leaves near the surface. Bettas are traditionally found in shallower water, so floating or tall plants provide some where close to the surface for bettas to rest.

Vote for pk3333, any betta questions I would seek his advice

Thanks mate. Just a hobbyist with a little experience. There are far more experienced betta hobbyists here than me. And there are far more experienced hobbyists in general here. They chose not comment for what ever reasons.

Thanks mate. Just a hobbyist with a little experience. There are far more experienced betta hobbyists here than me. And there are far more experienced hobbyists in general here. They chose not comment for what ever reasons.

Cheers mate, I votes cause of the exact reason, if you have experence and keep to yourself, it is no used to any asking questions here

But I am not on here much recently either so maybe same reasons lol

Sign in to follow this